All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kitsurfing in North Italy for beginners
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:26 am 
Rare Poster

Hi,

can anybody advise me a good kitesurfing spot in Northern Italy with low depth water, sand beach and flat water?

Thanks a lot.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Kitsurfing in North Italy for beginners
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:27 am 
Frequent Poster

Hi Barb,
northern Italy is a very big area, to give you and answer I please need to understand where more or less you'll be living (the nearest big city).

Thank you!

Paolo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 pm 
Rare Poster

Another one that plans to go to italy, milano in my case.
I know lago di como and lago di garda, but what about kiting in the sea (lakes too cold when winter arrives)
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:50 pm 
Medium Poster

@barb: on the west coast you can find sandy, shallow coast in Tuscany (Vada, Calambrone spots), in Liguria (Andora spot). On the east coast look for Caorle or Lignano spots.

@sindarlotodo: from Milan, the nearest spots are Valmadrera (early in the morning, south Como Lake), Colico (north Como Lake), Liguria (Genova, Albenga, Andora,...).
I live near Genova and often work in Milan.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:32 pm 
Rare Poster

[quote="

@sindarlotodo: from Milan, the nearest spots are Valmadrera (early in the morning, south Como Lake), Colico (north Como Lake), Liguria (Genova, Albenga, Andora,...).
I live near Genova and often work in Milan.[/quote]

How is wind in liguria? I ask this because the wind in the mediterranean coast of spain in quite scarse (apart from winter tramuntanas in the north of cataluna). Do the wind work all year, or is more seasonal?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:18 pm 
Medium Poster

Unfortunately the dominant wind in Liguria is Tramontana, that in most spots is offshore and gusty, but we have good conditions too mainly with Scirocco (SE) in Genoa area and Ponente (WSW) towards France (Andora and Albenga), or sometimes with Grecale (NE) in Arma di Taggia (close to France).
During summertime there are few days above 10knots, but in spring and autumn you could ride almost every week: last spring I rode every weekend from April to June, last Sunday I was out in Albenga and for tomorrow (sunday) the forecasts say 20-25knots of Ponente (coming from France as Mistral) in Albenga and Andora

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:14 pm 
Medium Poster

barb wrote:
Hi,

can anybody advise me a good kitesurfing spot in Northern Italy with low depth water, sand beach and flat water?

Thanks a lot.

Lago di Garda! It's not shallow and there's no sand, but Mika and crew will teach you how to kite. But you better hurry, the season ends the middle of October.

http://www.windriders.eu/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:29 pm 
Rare Poster

Trikke wrote:
Unfortunately the dominant wind in Liguria is Tramontana, that in most spots is offshore and gusty, but we have good conditions too mainly with Scirocco (SE) in Genoa area and Ponente (WSW) towards France (Andora and Albenga), or sometimes with Grecale (NE) in Arma di Taggia (close to France).
During summertime there are few days above 10knots, but in spring and autumn you could ride almost every week: last spring I rode every weekend from April to June, last Sunday I was out in Albenga and for tomorrow (sunday) the forecasts say 20-25knots of Ponente (coming from France as Mistral) in Albenga and Andora

Grazie mille!!
I'll send a pm by the time i get to milano (mid october) :bye:

[ 8 posts ]