Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

north kite bags

Postby marekmk » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:08 am

any please help?
trying to send message to north about more info about their kite bags, ie full dimension, internal lay out, weight ext.....this info is not on their web site and when I try to contact them I get a error message, "message not sent"
thank you

ben newman
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: north kite bags

Postby ben newman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am

Why do yo need this info anyways ?
Either the kite fits in easily or not.
Do you use the bags for anything else ?

markchatwin
Very Frequent Poster

Postby markchatwin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:10 pm

I've sent multiple messages through North's online Contact system and they've gone through. I've asked questions about their fins, kites, warranties, etc. Many times I've called dealers and they just don't know the answer to my questions so I figure why not go to the source? Trouble is they've never replied to me. And I know some parts of their online contact system work because I've gotten their newsletters regularly. I appear to have gotten products registered there. But no answers to questions...

One dealer told me they really don't want to get involved with the end consumer. They want the dealers to field all questions according to this dealer. So why have an online contact form? North should know that not all dealers know everything about North products.

Trouble is I like most North gear. I wish they'd take an interest in their end consumer like Slingshot and Ocean Rodeo does...

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Hmmm... I've heard this complaint several times, so I definitely believe there's a problem, but at the same time I still get questions through our website contact form almost daily, so it apparently works at least some of the time. I will contact the web guy and see if I can get him to sort this out. Sorry for any difficulties. As a short term fix, feel free to pm me here if you have any questions.

Marek, I don't have the specs you're asking about on our kite bags. I'm happy to weigh any bags I have handy and try to measure them as best I can. Feel free to PM me with the model and size of kite and I'll try to get you whatever info you're looking for.

-Dan

heinzbush
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby heinzbush » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:30 pm

just fyi - the product registration also doesn't work...

contacted North - no answer...
contacted my dealer - didnt know...

this lack of interest / communication is annyoing and really dangerous in a sport where people are generally loyal and (would like to) identify themselves with the brand..

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm not sure how else to put this... There's apparently a technical issue with our website/registration/contact form. You are not being ignored. We are working on it. If you need anything in the meantime, PM me here.

Marek-
You sent me a a blank PM (just my earlier message copied back to me with no text beyond that). Please try to message me again.

Heinz-
I'm happy to help you get your gear registered... PM me the details and I'll get it rolling. In the meantime, if anyone else is having problems registering let me know here or let your dealer know... Even if the dealer isn't sure what to do they should be able to contact their distributor and have them handle the details.

-Dan

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Well I registered three products easy enough?

Man I hope you aren't losing any sleep over those north bag dimensions???

Return to “Kitesurfing”