All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kite sizes for Le Morne early october
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:52 pm 
Medium Poster

I am off to Le Morne, Mauritius sept 28th for two weeks. I have heard the wind is not so strong (at least not compared to Gran Canaria where I live) so a little unsure what kite sizes to bring.

My current quiver is 3,5 - 5 - 7 - 9 - 12 with all but the little one being North Fuse. Generally riding strapped on a 5'8" FireWire. I weigh in at 85kg but my wife will also be using the quiver and she is only 55kg and on a slightly shorter waveboard.

My initial thought would be to bring the 7-9-12 combo. Any thoughts on the subject ?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Kite sizes for Le Morne early october
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 am 
Rare Poster

I'm also heading to Mauritius at the end of this month, staying close to Le Morne.

I will take my 2 kites, 5 and 9 meters with a strapless surfboard, hope to to get on the water at least 8 or 9 days of my 12 day stay.

I'm going with my wife, but she doesn't practice any watersports. How is the beach at Le Morne for non-kiters and just relaxing on the sand?

Regarding wetsuit, what is recommended for this time of the year? Having some doubts between a full 3.2 or just the neoprene top with long sleeves.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:13 am 
Medium Poster

I would love for 5m conditions but from what I have heard this is not very likely. If you are going before me (sept 28th) perhaps you could give me a field update before I zip my bags ? At the moment I am planning to leave the small kites at home.

--> olelie(at)gmail.com

As for wetsuit. From what I have heard it is coldish (for a canarian) so I am planning on long legs, short arm 2-3mm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:49 pm 
Rare Poster

I'm leaving Portugal on 27th, arriving on 28th afternoon, I guess it will be too late to provide you any advice. I will take the 5 meter in any case, maybe I can convince my wife to start playing in the sand with it if the wind is weak.

Where are you staying? We just rented a studio 10 minutes away (by car) from Le Morne, in between Le Morne and Le Gaulette.

[ 4 posts ]