Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Photos & Descriptions of "Revolutionary Bar"

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:03 am

I meant to say "when fully powered up & flying off the front lines only" but was typing too fast.

I like the idea of not having too much leader line, but the knoted line sliding through the bar concerns me as it could easilly catch, & the bar running up the leader line (friction) concerns me. Leader lines are more robust than flying lines & a LOT cheaper to replace if they do wear.

As we are on a new discussion - if you want a copy of my bar mail me at huw.williams@nordiko.com. It is based on the conventional strap adjuster & has all the same features as this bar system, but it is easy to build onto your current bar cheaply.

Safety first!
Radman

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:07 am

Hi Guys,

the balls at the side of the bar are for the depower adjustment. So it replaces the common depower strap at the depower lines.
Until now the balls never released unwanted, and if it happens the kite won't spin, just pull slightly to one side, but it is no problem to keep control of it.

If you push the first QR there is no chance in pulling the final release by incident.
They have to systems to make sure the stuff works correctly.
The first QR must go easily and towards you, the second has to be stiffer and isn't possible to release by incident.

You may have unwanted releases of the first step, this happend to me before, not only with this system, but I used a normal harness loop with it. The good thing is, that you can put it on again, since there still is one depower line attached to you.

Cheers
Toby

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:17 am

Say you do not want a safety leash.... (be kind)

Would it make sense (and I wouldn't know how) in case of dire emergency to detach the back lines from the bar with some kind of bar end release?

this way the kite remains attached and just a piece of material with no real power..

somehow is key i suppose.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:16 am

only the backlines is not enough. you gotta get rid of 3 lines to keep the bar.
disadvantages you can't sort out:

-relaunch impossible
-lines will get really really tangled.

to phree:

you can adjust the black ball's position before starting the kite.
but it wouldn't make any sense to use more than one arm's length, would it?

Return to “Kitesurfing”