Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shannon Best is Leaving Best Kiteboarding

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:51 am

Founding a kiteboarding company that has grown to be the size it is today ranks up there as a pretty dam fine achievement in business.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Shannon is a cool guy first off no attitude still has soul. which is more than you can say for most who have achieved as much as him. Sure there are haters who don't like him, they are on the internet at their mommys house I bet where they live :rollgrin: . He is a cool guy did alot for the sport why you punks gotta go hating? Gotta get off the internet now my moms needs to use the phone! :lol:

donchin
Frequent Poster

Postby donchin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Best got into this industry with a lot of controversy. He had the whole kiteboarding industry against him.....remember? I can only imagine that these ill feelings have not been forgotten by other kite companies. No matter how nice or down to earth he is.

Soggy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hill Head in Hampshire
Favorite Beaches: Kitesurfing lessons at Hill Head beach in Portsmouth Hampshire.
Style: Instructor style
Gear: LF / Best
Brand Affiliation: http://hampshirekitesurfing.com/

Postby Soggy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Wish him all the best, the company is awesome and his kiting style is insane, hope he keeps on pushing it.

508 wildfish
Medium Poster
Local Beach: madaket , jetties, pocomo, nantucket, ma
Favorite Beaches: madaket harbor, jetties, and pocomo nantucket harbor
Style: freeride
Gear: 08 12m naish cult
07 9m best waroo
08 10m eh beast from offdalip
07 crazyfly proline
ocean rodeo sessions 2 harness
dakine taboo harness
ocean rodeo pyropro drysuit
and a bunch of bars pumps and swag
08 naish smartloop bar of choice
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby 508 wildfish » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:16 am

in america , we call it the american dream. brand a concept/ name , sell the idea. collect, move on to the next idea.
if only i owned a gas station :cash: booze store that sold lottery.....

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Before he created Best Kiteboarding and he was still with F-One as a Team Rider
with Andy Herdsman, he told me his Dream and idea how he is going to create
his own Best Kiteboarding Brand and to be independent from Rafael at that time also
http://www.kitesurf.com/ from USA F-One Distributor, with a good financial investors :lol:
What a coincidence between F-One and Rafael's litigation and closing his website :?:
But now finally, we know what happened at the end and life goes on for the records :clap: :surf: :dance2:

DrLW
Shannon Best v Pure Action Sports Worldwide, Best Kiteboarding et Al…

After expressing my opinion to other concerned shareholders regarding the direction of Best Kiteboarding and the mismanagement by its CEO, I was terminated by Pure Action Sports Worldwide, the holding group owning and controlling Best Kiteboarding.

After attempting to settle our differences, not only did they refuse to pay my salary in accordance with our original agreement but further they refused to pay me my severance and any of my royalties. They diluted my ownership for the last few years and fraudulently applied for trademarks they did not have any right to.

The trademarks are the result of my work, my image, and my performances in the watersport industry and are specifically recognized as such in my employment agreement with Best Kiteboarding and its holdings inclusive of Pure Action Sports Worldwide. The employment contract specifically indicates that those trademarks bearing my name are mine and not theirs although I allowed them to use it during my employment with the implied ability to revoke that option at will.

Unbeknown to me Pure Action Sport Worldwide management applied and fraudulently obtained the related trademark in the name of the holding or its subsidiary.

After being terminated I requested for Pure Action Sport to pay what was owed and they simply refused. As well, they refused to pay any of the royalties owed to me. I then requested for them to remove my name from all of their products and again they declined.

Without any other choice, I filed a lawsuit against them on September 9, 2013 in Federal Court in the USA. The goal of the lawsuit is for them to pay what they owe me as to unpaid salary, unpaid dividends, severance and royalties but mostly this lawsuit is to recover my Brand and Image and related trademarks which they have acknowledged were mine and that they are using without my authorization.

I want to make it clear that I have no intention to go back to work with Pure Action Sports or Best Kiteboarding nor to be associated with them in any fashion as I have moved forward and my goal is to focus and develop my current activities including KiteSurf (www.KiteSurf.com) which will be one of their competitors as well as other ventures I am working on.

I really want to recover my name and image and to distance it from Pure Action Sport and its management. I welcome the idea that they may have to rename their brand something else and if they want I have a substantial repertoire of suggestions.
Source
Lawsuit PDF
[/quote]

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:21 pm

good info. The problem for Best kiteboarding is that without the name 'best' on everything... they will have no brand equity. A name change will drop sales and support I'm sure.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:42 am

508 wildfish wrote:in america , we call it the american dream. brand a concept/ name , sell the idea. collect, move on to the next idea.
if only i owned a gas station :cash: booze store that sold lottery.....

God bless the land of milk and honey...ba ha ha ha

laz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby laz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:12 am

Crazy. I remember watching the best kiteboarding videos when I first was getting into the sport and being in aw, also all the best girls added a nice touch haha Congrats to him on his new moves, does anyone know what his new company is?

kitewise
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ct., Fla.,Aruba, OBX
Favorite Beaches: Pompano beach Fla.
LongbeachPark Stratford, Ct.
Boa Grande Aruba
OBX for sure
Gear: EPIC screamer and Renegade
EPIC DROID
BEST Thruster
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby kitewise » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:42 pm

laz wrote:Crazy. I remember watching the best kiteboarding videos when I first was getting into the sport and being in aw, also all the best girls added a nice touch haha Congrats to him on his new moves, does anyone know what his new company is?

Kitesurf.com

New line of kites

Return to “Kitesurfing”