Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

(Making a Bar) Whats the Length of Ozone throw?

Forum for kitesurfers
Don Lester
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Is.
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Is. Ca.
Los Barriles, Mx
Style: All
Gear: TT, Surf, Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: (Making a Bar) Whats the Length of Ozone throw?

Postby Don Lester » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Hey thanks a lot Stephen for your help.........OK, I'm getting up to speed on this 4-line safety stuff. I changed out the stock Ozone safety line with a piece of thin " Bridle line " so now the North Iron Heart will slide over ALL the knots and allow the bar to go up the single front line to the stopper ball, which was not installed before, ( I bought this bar second hand ) which is about 10m or so up.

So now on to the swivel. The stock Ozone bar didn't have a swivel on the fixed front line. I don't mind buying one, but I don't understand it's purpose...........

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: (Making a Bar) Whats the Length of Ozone throw?

Postby edt » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Don Lester wrote:Hey thanks a lot Stephen for your help.........OK, I'm getting up to speed on this 4-line safety stuff. I changed out the stock Ozone safety line with a piece of thin " Bridle line " so now the North Iron Heart will slide over ALL the knots and allow the bar to go up the single front line to the stopper ball, which was not installed before, ( I bought this bar second hand ) which is about 10m or so up.

So now on to the swivel. The stock Ozone bar didn't have a swivel on the fixed front line. I don't mind buying one, but I don't understand it's purpose...........
u dont need swivel. I dont run them on my bars because if my center lines are twisted I just kiteloop the other direction.

If your bar slides up 10m easily when you QR you are safe. Any other bar mods you make now are for your personal preference.

If you are building a bar from scratch, that is without any other existing parts, buying a swivel is the easiest way to start because that's just how they make that part that makes the "V". If you already have a bar part, like a naish, ozone stainless steel part, liquid force or other part that isn't a swivel you can stick with that, no problem. I don't think you can buy a control bar anymore from 2013 or later that comes without a swivel, that's just how they make them now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”