Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Electric kite pump

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Electric kite pump

Postby Laughingman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:08 pm

tplowe56 wrote:Scoprega informed me there is no way to change the setting so I solved the problem by removing the back check valve on my one Cabrinha kite.
interesting we have never had an issue with Cabrinha kites and our electric pump

Millera74
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone & North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Millera74 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:25 am

For those interested, the Kiteboarder Magazine just did a review (& back-to-back test) of the Scoprega and WindChaser Sports kite pump:

http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2013/09/e ... mp-review/

Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster

Postby Dan Glyaire » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:16 am

omg.. seriously..
it takes about 70 pumps to inflate a 16m. about a minute..or maybe a bit more.
is it so hard.?
:girl:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:47 am

Dan Glyaire wrote:omg.. seriously..
it takes about 70 pumps to inflate a 16m. about a minute..or maybe a bit more.
is it so hard.?
:girl:
Whatever. Have fun being a bitch to your kite. Why don't you start your own thread where you can bash electric pumps and leave us lazy bastards alone.

Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster

Postby Dan Glyaire » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 am

^^^
haha..!

i would, but im too lazy to start my own thread. :(

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:07 am

A lot of guys around here in the Boston/Cape area are using Ryobi air pumps from Home depot.
They cost about 100$ with lithium battery ,dual action, fittings . Reports are good
I bought a rechargable Colemans pump from Walmart. Not as fancy and only single action. Fills the kite quickly but need to finish with manual pump. This worked well on my Ocean Rodeo 15m Flite( Which is an absolute bitch to pump by hand , over 100 pumps with old school two valve sytem).
I just picked up a 16m Crossbow 2013 with sprint system. Amazing how much easier it is to pump with this system. I no longer need the electric pump.....

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:05 pm

do you know what the Ryobi high volume has as the max pressure it will pump a kite to?
i assume with that pump you have to switch hoses to get the high pressure?
and how long the battery lasts

thanks if anyone knows.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:07 pm

people always call me lazy when i bust out the scoprega, but honestly i have sometimes opted to pack up when the wind drops instead of pumping the big kite. usually i am a little tired anyways so re rigging just seems like a pain in the ass. with the electric pump i dont mind coming in and quickly changing kites. thanks scoprega! :thumb:

(my best infomercial impersonation)

Millera74
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone & North

Postby Millera74 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Totally understand the comments about being lazy, but when you're pressed for time, and you're blowing up 12-16m kites everyday during a short lunch break, the electric pumps are AWESOME! Your kite is actually fully inflated before you finish getting your lines out.

The Ryobi's only get your kite partially pumped (maybe 3psi).. While that is a good amount of volume, they don't do high pressure, like the WindChaser Sports pumps do. It definitely removes many manual pumps from the whole process though.

In any event, I just bought one of these electric pumps from http://www.windchasersports.com/#!pump/c1yc2.

The sand filters are key too....when you got sand blowing around on the beach....

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:41 am

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt- ... /203060297

Here is the link for the Ryobi. I have been told the lithium battery is the one to get over the nicad for more fills.
When I first saw these pumps in action on guy was blowing up a 14m rally and the other a tubine17m. Both guys said the pump worked great and were very happy with them. My friend with the Turbine had the nicad batteries and said he could fill several kites.

when you go to link , click more details tab an there is. PDF for the manual.

Return to “Kitesurfing”