All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Cabrinha running out of spares...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

... for 2011 bars, it seems. Tried to order a bunch of stuff and they said they don't have trim straps or the pigtails above the swivel :(

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Cabrinha running out of spares...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:02 pm 
Rare Poster

I like Cabrinha gear - I've had feck knows how many of their kites - but their spares policy is outrageous. The last parts I ordered were for kites under 2 years old, bits of bridal that wore out on all 3 of my kites so obviously something quite common - and it was not possible to buy replacements from any of the dealers I tried. I eventually had one shipped from Cabrinha in Hawaii, and another from Cabrinha in Hong Kong (or somewhere like that).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:11 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yeah, Cabrinha is pretty bad about keeping spares available.

Why not just buy a new bar? They are only $650 :o Then when a minor part breaks you won't be able to buy a replacement part...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 pm 
Rare Poster

the trim strap hasn't really changed the last 8 years, just get one from the 2013 or 2014 collection (I just did)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Luckily we had a 2014 bar to compare; the trim strap is the same except for superficial details.

No pigtails for the swivel sucks... I can make 'em I guess, but they'll be ugly and I'll worry about their effectiveness.

If the email is to be believed, they've spent the past week searching the warehouse. And the last spares I got came direct from HK anyway... I don't think it's from the distributer in Japan. Surely they could just make some for me :D take them all of 15 minutes... me, most of a couple of hours!

I'm amazed that it wasn't the depower line and QR unit that they ran out of!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:31 pm 
Medium Poster

That's one reason why I won't own a Cabrinha again. My first kites were a pair of 2008 Cabrinha Converts and in 2010 when they were only 2 years old some replacement parts were already getting hard to find. That's nuts. I think it's reasonable to expect a kite company to keep spares available for at least 5 years, minimum.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:56 am 
Rare Poster

I fly Airush and got tangled last week by some South American chick at Kite Beach, Maui... I botched a duck tack and she ran into me from behind full speed. Few death-loops later, one of my back lines snapped so I punched out and swam in.

Upon inspecting my lines, one of the back lines snapped right at the Oh-Shit handle and the other one got seriously chafed. Gave a dealer in Bay Area I bought quiver from a shout and stopped by local (Maui) Airush shop too to source the parts for the bar. They both emailed West Coast Airush guy (Kyle) for replacement parts but no-one has ever gotten back to me. So..there you have it... none of these brands give a rats ass about you looking for $60 worth of rope... if they ignore you.. chances are you will buy a brand spanking new bar. I did. And yeah... F&%k em'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:54 am 
Frequent Poster

Haole_Built wrote:
I fly Airush and got tangled last week by some South American chick at Kite Beach, Maui... I botched a duck tack and she ran into me from behind full speed. Few death-loops later, one of my back lines snapped so I punched out and swam in.

Upon inspecting my lines, one of the back lines snapped right at the Oh-Shit handle and the other one got seriously chafed. Gave a dealer in Bay Area I bought quiver from a shout and stopped by local (Maui) Airush shop too to source the parts for the bar. They both emailed West Coast Airush guy (Kyle) for replacement parts but no-one has ever gotten back to me. So..there you have it... none of these brands give a rats ass about you looking for $60 worth of rope... if they ignore you.. chances are you will buy a brand spanking new bar. I did. And yeah... F&%k em'

Try this guy:

http://www.windchasersports.com/

He can make all sorts of stuff at reasonable prices and quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:56 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Epic spares the bar parts and get with you very fast. Excelent service.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:36 pm 
Rare Poster

William Munney wrote:
Haole_Built wrote:

Try this guy:

http://www.windchasersports.com/

He can make all sorts of stuff at reasonable prices and quickly.

Nice... good to know.

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next