Favorite Beaches: el gouna, egypt
Style: freeride/freestyle
Gear: all sorts
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Park 2013 Bar options

Postby boyceduke » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi All, after a bit of advice, I am looking at purchasing some Naish parks 2013 at reduced prices, I previously rode slingshot kites and I did rate the slingy bar highly as its very tough and durable but I have heard reports etc that Naish bars wear out very quickly and items break on them all the time.

My questions are:

1) Can I use any 4 line bar on the naish park with equal line lengths?

I am thinking of using either a slinghshot bar or North trust bar, what are you thoughts / recommendations on this.

any advice would be helpful as Ive never owned any naish products before. cheers

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Naish Park 2013 Bar options

Postby tautologies » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:54 pm

boyceduke wrote:Hi All, after a bit of advice, I am looking at purchasing some Naish parks 2013 at reduced prices, I previously rode slingshot kites and I did rate the slingy bar highly as its very tough and durable but I have heard reports etc that Naish bars wear out very quickly and items break on them all the time.

My questions are:

1) Can I use any 4 line bar on the naish park with equal line lengths?

I am thinking of using either a slinghshot bar or North trust bar, what are you thoughts / recommendations on this.

any advice would be helpful as Ive never owned any naish products before. cheers
Not sure where you got that from. I pretty much used one bar on all my kites last year and had no issues. For racing I still use a 3 year old bar. Never changed anything on it.
I have seen people changing stuff like depower line, but I don't think it is fair to "say break all the time".
To answer your question. Yes any bar that has back and front lines of equal length. Naish has a kook proof connection so if the backlines on the bar does not have a knot you might have to make one on the backline. Make sure you do not shorten the back lines too much...if you do you might have to make a mini adjustment on the bar :-)

boyceduke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: cambersands

Postby boyceduke » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, perhaps the person/tester who told me this has a personal issue with naish for some reason. the kites look great and i always remember when i first started kiting naish bars were state of the art, carbon etc.

can you advise if the swivel in the 2013 bar is ceramic? i dont mind changing the depower line as this is fair wear and tear after all.

what is the difference between the 2013 and 2014 universal bar?

thank you

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Real is selling the naish 2013 bars with above the bar depower (atb) for $199!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:34 am

boyceduke wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply, perhaps the person/tester who told me this has a personal issue with naish for some reason. the kites look great and i always remember when i first started kiting naish bars were state of the art, carbon etc.

can you advise if the swivel in the 2013 bar is ceramic? i dont mind changing the depower line as this is fair wear and tear after all.

what is the difference between the 2013 and 2014 universal bar?

thank you
The bars are still carbon + metal for sure.

I don't know what material the swivel is. Ceramic sounds about right...
The biggest difference is bar diameter and the that the new bar have memory foam or something like that. It looks pretty mean :-)

The bars before would have gloss come off, but it had nothing to do with any performance so I never worried about it.
Last edited by tautologies on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:43 am

I own both Naish 2013 and North 2013 bars and both are top quality. You have to decide whether you want depower above or below the bar. Frankly I don't care too much.. both work. I am not familiar with the Slingshot bar. Most 4 line bars are interchangeable.

The Niash 2014 bar has slightly thinner grip but is otherwise pretty much unchanged. I wouldn't worry about 2013 or 2014 versions. In fact I just ordered my 2014 Naish Park with a 2013 Naish bar because it came with the line length that I wanted.

:wink:
CG.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:04 am

Naish bars rock, they don't break down. I also like the slingshot bar. Actually those are probably my two favorite bars, naish and slingshot, you can mix and match the bars both are single front line flagging, you might have to add pigtails so it is the right type knot or loop at the kite. The quad trust is a mini-5th that won't be interchangeable between kites that might need a single front line flagging safety.

boyceduke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: cambersands

Postby boyceduke » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:04 am

cglazier wrote:I own both Naish 2013 and North 2013 bars and both are top quality. You have to decide whether you want depower above or below the bar. Frankly I don't care too much.. both work. I am not familiar with the Slingshot bar. Most 4 line bars are interchangeable.

The Niash 2014 bar has slightly thinner grip but is otherwise pretty much unchanged. I wouldn't worry about 2013 or 2014 versions. In fact I just ordered my 2014 Naish Park with a 2013 Naish bar because it came with the line length that I wanted.

:wink:
CG.

So can I use a North bar on the park because someone else has stated that the north bar may not be suitable due to not having single line flag out system.

thank you

Lives2fly
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Barvas, Gress, Sheilabost, Luskentyre, Reef, Ardroil, Melbost, Tong
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Naish Cults, Bolts & Parks

Postby Lives2fly » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:27 am

I have 2010 and 2011 uni con bars - The depower rope is getting worn on the 2010 but thats to be expected. other than that they are mint.

Bought them both used last year and the 2010 has done 100+ sessions since then.

Naish gear is top quality from what I can tell.

onein5
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Vazon, L'Ancresse/Pembroke
Style: Sketchy!
Gear: Naish Cults 9m 12m, North Rebel 16m, RRD placebo 142 x 45

Postby onein5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Have to say - the Naish Swivel (at least in 2013 and 2012) was a real problem for me - I went North and never went back... Details > http://www.kitesurfguernsey.com/reviews ... -bar-2012/ - I love Naish in general and ride all their kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”