Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Ocean Rodeo Surf Dry News?

Postby davesails7 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Anyone know anything about the new model of the OR Surf Dry that should be released soon? Any new features or improvements?

The OR website has shown the current ones sold out for a while, and they will release the new one in Fall 2013.

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Slash 6, Pivot 7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ocean Rodeo Surf Dry News?

Postby BudhaNl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I've asked that question to OR by mail, got the response that there was no news on it, they're working on it and will release it when it's ready.

That was a couple of weeks ago so I'm assuming that it won't be this fall.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi Guys!

So stoked to see the interest level in this suit begin to tick back up. As many of you will recall, we pioneered the surf drysuit about 5 years ago with the Pyro Surf which then evolved into the Surf Dry.

Last fall we discontinued the Surf Dry as we expected to replace the suit shortly with a new version but a concept we were pursuing with the suit didn't pan out for us and we had to abandon the concept to start fresh, yet again.

The upshot is that we do still plan to release a new version of the Surf Dry but we are not yet comfortable sharing much more news about its development right now or guessing as to timelines for its release.

We are excited by the incredible popularity of the new Soul Drysuit however and our anticipated release of a slightly higher end variation of that suit aimed at the Expedition SUP & Offshore Sailing crowd which we will be calling the Ignite. Souls are flying off the shelves now and the Ignites will be available for purchase around Christmas time.

paulhaslett
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby paulhaslett » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:21 pm

I have seen some stuff on the ignite. Will it come in a less soft sock version as well? or are there any plans to merge some of the upgrades into the soul?

Thanks

Paul

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi Paul!

The new Ignite will hit the store shelves around late November, depending on how quickly we can get delivery. It is very much a "tuned up" version of the Soul... it adds a higher collar for foul weather, padded knees, a cinched waist belt and ankle and wrist elastics to tighten the suit down with. It also includes by default soft socks.

This suit can be used kiting but it is overkill for that purpose, it was designed for expedition SUP and offshore sailing conditions, essentially it is the evolution of foul weather gear for those who will be on the water and exposed to the elements for hours on end and who want a great alternative to what is currently on offer.

To address specifically your two questions; I doubt we will make an ankle seal version of the suit given the purposes for which it was built but if there was enough pent up demand, we would consider it. I also doubt that any of it's key features will creep down to the Soul but we never know. One thing I could see us looking at is the ankle and wrist elastics.... so, never say never!

It should also be mentioned that we do now have a version of the Soul (in Royal Blue only) that comes with soft socks, I personally love this suit as I use mine for fishing in the fall here on the coast and like the warmth of the dry feet but many will prefer ankle seals for the ability to go barefoot on the boards we all love to ride!

John Z ~ OR

paulhaslett
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby paulhaslett » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:45 am

I have not been able to see these socks yet. I kow they are already available n yhe soul but it does not show any pictures of them. What concerns me is with latex socks you can change them if they wear or rip. Can you replace these soft socks as been on the feet there will be a lot of wear points. Like all the holes in my socks:) i want to replace my trusted pyro suit this winter.

Love the red colour of the ignite by the way.

Return to “Kitesurfing”