Forum for kitesurfers
kitenb
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-One 2014?

Postby kitenb » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 pm

For the new kites, I haven't flown them yet, so can't comment. I just hope they aren't too different than the Bandit 6... that is such a sweet kite.

I did get a chance to ride the new HRD Trax Carbon twin tip. I've been kiting a little over 12 years, and mainly ride surf boards these days. I'll pull out a twin tip from time to time, depending on the conditions. I really had fun on this board. It just gets up on a plane really fast, and is super smooth in the water. Lots of pop, soft landings, no spray in my face, fast, and just overall really comfortable to ride. I have no idea the technical stuff behind the new rail shape, but it works. I really liked this board.

Muse
Rare Poster
Gear: North Rebel
F-one Bandit
North X-ride

Postby Muse » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Muse wrote:
Wave_Ride wrote:
bru wrote:FONE have not given us a price yet but they are going to make it affordable ... The real bonus will be Pre Bandit 7 bars can get a great facelift that will add extra value to their kite !! The upgrade will be available early in 2014 !
I asked it before here and i will ask again.
i don't understand something...

Let's say that I'm buying the new B7 from one of the first batch and I'm getting the old bar.

I assume that from 2014 the kite will be delivered with the new bar.

Why do I need to pay for the upgrade for something that will be included in the price and will be accounted as F-One standard in 2014?
Purchased a Bandit 7 yesterday.. dealer offered me a free upgrade to the 2014 bar whenever it would come out. I didn't even have to ask, so it could be something that's been agreed upon with F-One.
Got more clarification on this - you keep the same bar, but they switch the safety system to the new one, which is the only real difference anyway.

What you don't get in the 2014 bar is that it's half red/half white, and it doesn't have the plastic piece on the end of the depower which some people found annoying.

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Dose anyone tried the kite already and can compare it to the bandit 6 in wind range, upwind ability and jumps?

I read the magazines reviews but i prefer to read riders opinions.

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All of Quintana Roo Mexico
Style: wave kite, wave FOIL kite
Gear: zeeko, Shinn, Fone, SShot, Naish, AXIS surfboards

Postby chirojoseph » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:32 am

Can Anthony from F1PLEASE give us the Volume of the signature and pro surfboards this year? We know every darn layer, groove, and divot that they have built into the design But nobody knows the volumes in liters! Please guys, it's important.

Thanx

kitenb
Frequent Poster

Postby kitenb » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:05 am

Wave_Ride wrote:Dose anyone tried the kite already and can compare it to the bandit 6 in wind range, upwind ability and jumps?

I read the magazines reviews but i prefer to read riders opinions.
I spent a few hours on the new 9m, Bandit 7. I really like the kite. It feels very similar to the Bandit 6(good thing), but just feels a little more solid in the air. It is a very smooth kite, that turns fast, jumps high, and is super fun in the waves. I like to jump, ride waves, and do a little of everything, and this kite is perfect for me. It's just one of those kites, where you don't have to think about where it is... I didn't unhook on it yet, so can't comment on that yet, but I assume it will work fine.

I'm 170lbs, and rode it with a surfboard in 19-23mph the first day, and then 23- low 30's the other day. I had plenty of power on the first day, and didn't even feel close to the top end on the second day. So, the range has definitely increased this year. Very happy with the kite! Just waiting on my other sizes, and then I'll be happier....

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:26 am

Have been riding Bandits since the DOS.
Got to test the 10m and 9m B7with a TT, each one of them for about an hour in winds of 17-22 Knots and 1m waves.
The kites feel, and are more solid than the B6. when you release the bar the kite stays solid and the canopy almost doesn't flutter at all.
i think that the wind range is about the same at the bottom and maybe the B7 has better upper end because of the canopy being more solid...but hey i ride my B6 9m in 35 knots easily.
The turning is also lively.
seems like the weight distribution is totally different, the leading edge seems lighter and the TE seems heavier. When running downwind on a wave this makes the best drifting angle a little different than the B6.
Unhooked - the kite still flies fast enough to cushion the kitloop landings. turns nice and all but it does flutter a little in the outside edge.

I needed about 30 minutes to get used to it. The transition between the B5 and B6 was a lot easier for me... But i liked the kite a lot and had a great day riding the 9m and 10m B7s.

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 am

AlexandreBorges
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow 2010

Postby AlexandreBorges » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Could you compare subtle differences between sizes 10 - 11 and 12 for Bandit 7?
Usually in the place I live in we need size 12 (indeed I'm coming from Cabrinha SB 12 2013).

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:32 pm

eldadgold wrote:Have been riding Bandits since the DOS.
Got to test the 10m and 9m B7with a TT, each one of them for about an hour in winds of 17-22 Knots and 1m waves.
The kites feel, and are more solid than the B6. when you release the bar the kite stays solid and the canopy almost doesn't flutter at all.
i think that the wind range is about the same at the bottom and maybe the B7 has better upper end because of the canopy being more solid...but hey i ride my B6 9m in 35 knots easily.
The turning is also lively.
seems like the weight distribution is totally different, the leading edge seems lighter and the TE seems heavier. When running downwind on a wave this makes the best drifting angle a little different than the B6.
Unhooked - the kite still flies fast enough to cushion the kitloop landings. turns nice and all but it does flutter a little in the outside edge.

I needed about 30 minutes to get used to it. The transition between the B5 and B6 was a lot easier for me... But i liked the kite a lot and had a great day riding the 9m and 10m B7s.
Thanks for sharing. Would you say that the Bandit 2014 drifts better than the B6? In the IKSurfmag review they also mention is has less lateral pull. Is that something you noticed as well?

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:14 am

It's been awfully quite on the F-one front lately. Any Bandit 2014 riders willing to share their experience?

Return to “Kitesurfing”