Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

See How Easily Helmets May Be Required

Postby RichardM » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:12 pm

According to this breaking news story TODAY, October 09, 2013 at http://www.infowars.com, “14 out of 20 people we asked at the University of Texas supported the draconian measure” that would make it a LAW to REQUIRE a helmet when WALKING.

Imagine how easy it would be for a helmet freak to convince a nanny state politician to introduce LEGISLATION requiring MANDATORY helmet use for kiters.

Another good reason to avoid IRRESPONSIBLE kiting conduct.

Isn’t it interesting how POLITICS can affect kiting?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: See How Easily Helmets May Be REQUIRED

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 pm

I'd like some context. Your source is not a scientific publication.
You really should consider where your references are coming from. This is from the same guy that claim that the US government were behind the 9/11 attacks.

So until more information I'll assume is it complete and utter bollocks.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County

Postby RichardM » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:36 pm

tautologies wrote:I'd like some context. Your source is not a scientific publication.
You really should consider where your references are coming from. This is from the same guy that claim that the US government were behind the 9/11 attacks.

So until more information I'll assume is it complete and utter bollocks.
I simply quoted the article. Are you AFRAID to click the link and READ it yourself?

And incidentally, you might find some special interest in it, since its main thrust is to emphasize how many MINDLESS drones will BELIEVE ANYTHING the government says is "good for them" (unless it's too scary for you).

And incidentally, please point me to where I allegedly "claim that the US government were behind the 9/11 attacks". If true, I may have to edit it to indicate that YOU KNOW who is responsible.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Last edited by Tiago1973 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:55 pm

RichardM wrote: I simply quoted the article. Are you AFRAID to click the link and READ it yourself?

And incidentally, you might find some special interest in it, since its main thrust is to emphasize how many MINDLESS drones will BELIEVE ANYTHING the government says is "good for them" (unless it's too scary for you).

And incidentally, please point me to where I allegedly "claim that the US government were behind the 9/11 attacks". If true, I may have to edit it to indicate that YOU KNOW who is responsible.
LOL you are right it was even worse than I thought. You are referring to it as if it has any bearings on anything...

because getting 14 people to sign something on the street does not at all mean anything than that you can get 14 people to sign something on the street.

Its a gag and you didn't get it. I bet you thought Colbert was really conservative too...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: See How Easily Helmets May Be Required

Postby Toby » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 pm

I assume the topic will be gone soon, but nice try Richard.

You should go into politics and not kiting. And don't try to mix it up.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County

Postby RichardM » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:12 pm

tautologies wrote:
RichardM wrote: I simply quoted the article. Are you AFRAID to click the link and READ it yourself?

LOL you are right it was even worse than I thought. You are referring to it as if it has any bearings on anything...

because getting 14 people to sign something on the street does not at all mean anything than that you can get 14 people to sign something on the street.

Its a gag and you didn't get it. I bet you thought Colbert was really conservative too...
It's 14 out of 20 and it's not a "gag", its main thrust is to emphasize how many MINDLESS drones will BELIEVE ANYTHING the government says is "good for them" .

And the point is that a helmet freak (especially a group, perhaps SPONSORED by helmet manufacturers) could EASILY obtain enough signatures from the mindless to give some nanny state PERSON (I'm afraid to use their profession or Toby may censor the thread) who is also promised funds from the above SPONSORS, incentive to introduce a bill to REQUIRE helmet use by kiters. This allows them to pretend to be doing their job without pissing off too many of the general public as well as getting rewarded by the manufacturers and is the TYPICAL way laws get enacted in the land of the free and really, really brave (just like what happened to motorcyclists).

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 pm

tautologies wrote:
What! Colbert is not conservative....? Say it ain't so... this totally shatters my view of late night TV.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:23 pm

BALEETED

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:14 am

I'm more impressed with how kiting can affect politics... had a great session last night, don't feel the need to troll any more :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”