Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Suggestion for a board for long distance race (50miles)

Forum for kitesurfers
nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Re: Suggestion for a board for long distance race (50miles)

Postby nikalaitzian » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:21 am

Peter_Frank wrote:You can use ANY board, for a downwinder :thumb:

If you want to win, you are probably best off with a board that glides well, meaning a medium raceboard with smaller fins.
Can go deeper thus better VMG.

If very very choppy/waves and difficult conditions, a light wind waveboard, strapped, can also be good.

A TT no problem either, if not lightwind, but your stance is a bit awkward with one leg bent, but if you change tack often, you dont get sore/tired.

A foilboard can also be used, because it causes the least stress because of no bumps nor kitepull - but I dont know if slower than a raceboard on a downwind tack ?
At least not as easy for most....

If you are going on a deep downwinder, same tack - I would stay away from the twintip because of the odd stance and cramps can occur :roll:

8) Peter
thanks P.i have a north race board LTD 2010(small with small fins)i m gonna kick thei asses :)

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider
Has thanked: 0

Re: Suggestion for a board for long distance race (50miles)

Postby waynepjh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I would get a few long bike rides if you can. Do a lot of riding off the seat. This will give you some good resistance to lactic acid. "sportlegs" might be a good suplement to take for this race. Have fun sounds awesome!

Return to “Kitesurfing”