*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Legal Opinion Might Help NY Kiters (and others) Fight Ba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:30 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 am
Posts: 454
There is no point in responding to your questions. We can kite almost anywhere we want. There are literally hundreds of miles of coastline from NYC to the easternmost end of Long Island including a barrier beach with some nice slicks in the bay. Not having access to a few parks is not a big deal and we will probably resolve it eventually and not through lawsuits.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Legal Opinion Might Help NY Kiters (and others) Fight Ba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:54 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
William Munney wrote:
There is no point in responding to your questions. We can kite almost anywhere we want. There are literally hundreds of miles of coastline from NYC to the easternmost end of Long Island including a barrier beach with some nice slicks in the bay. Not having access to a few parks is not a big deal and we will probably resolve it eventually and not through lawsuits.


We can imagine why responding is too embarrassing (I wouldn't want to explain kiting with kneepads either). And I'm surprised that some kiters in NY were complaining about not being able to kite at ANY STATE BEACHES since you "...can kite almost anywhere...you want." I also assume you're not talking about the VAST majority of Long Island - which is BULKHEADED PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Legal Opinion Might Help NY Kiters (and others) Fight Ba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:27 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:05 pm
Posts: 1100
Location: Islamorada, Florida Keys
RichardM wrote:
William Munney wrote:
There is no point in responding to your questions. We can kite almost anywhere we want. There are literally hundreds of miles of coastline from NYC to the easternmost end of Long Island including a barrier beach with some nice slicks in the bay. Not having access to a few parks is not a big deal and we will probably resolve it eventually and not through lawsuits.


We can imagine why responding is too embarrassing (I wouldn't want to explain kiting with kneepads either). And I'm surprised that some kiters in NY were complaining about not being able to kite at ANY STATE BEACHES since you "...can kite almost anywhere...you want." I also assume you're not talking about the VAST majority of Long Island - which is BULKHEADED PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


The "VAST MAJORITY" of Long Island is beaches. Long island is surrounded by beaches. Most of the bulkheaded private property you speak of are in the bays. There are no beaches there. Why are being such a dick, Richard? You live on the west coast.

In the summer, there are millions of people on the beaches which is why they are restricted to certain places. From September thru May it is pretty much wide open. You preach about NOT launching on busy beaches yet argue that everyone has the right to kite anywhere they want. You are wrong! The biggest problem is that it can take hours to drive to some spots because of the traffic, ie... Millions of people. Get off your high horse jackass. Let the locals handle it themselves.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Legal Opinion Might Help NY Kiters (and others) Fight Ba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:21 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:40 pm
Posts: 667
Location: L.A. & Ventura Counties, CA
noel wrote:
RichardM wrote:
William Munney wrote:
There is no point in responding to your questions. We can kite almost anywhere we want. There are literally hundreds of miles of coastline from NYC to the easternmost end of Long Island including a barrier beach with some nice slicks in the bay. Not having access to a few parks is not a big deal and we will probably resolve it eventually and not through lawsuits.


We can imagine why responding is too embarrassing (I wouldn't want to explain kiting with kneepads either). And I'm surprised that some kiters in NY were complaining about not being able to kite at ANY STATE BEACHES since you "...can kite almost anywhere...you want." I also assume you're not talking about the VAST majority of Long Island - which is BULKHEADED PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


The "VAST MAJORITY" of Long Island is beaches. Long island is surrounded by beaches. Most of the bulkheaded private property you speak of are in the bays. There are no beaches there. Why are being such a dick, Richard? You live on the west coast.

In the summer, there are millions of people on the beaches which is why they are restricted to certain places. From September thru May it is pretty much wide open. You preach about NOT launching on busy beaches yet argue that everyone has the right to kite anywhere they want. You are wrong! The biggest problem is that it can take hours to drive to some spots because of the traffic, ie... Millions of people. Get off your high horse jackass. Let the locals handle it themselves.


1. Long island is NOT surrounded by beaches. You may be correct that the the MAJORITY of Long Island is beaches - I have not measured the amount that is beaches. However, the VAST AMOUNT of the SHORELINE is PRIVATE (or in some cases, MUNICIPAL) PROPERTY unavailable (legally) to the general public.

According to the complaining kiters, the subject STATE beaches had plenty of areas where kiters could be permitted without adversely affecting non-kiters. Furthermore, the prohibition is YEAR-ROUND. As a dedicated rocket scientist, are you trying to suggest that ALL the State beaches are supposedly too crowded ALL year to allow kiting at ALL?

2. Furthermore, the MAJORITY of the shoreline is located IN BAYS and where not bulkheaded, it is generally inaccessible for one reason or another.

3. Although you actually caught me making an unsupported statement which is probably incorrect , specifically that "the VAST MAJORITY of LI is bulkheaded private property" and deserve credit for the observation, neither that error, nor the fact that I live on the West coast, make my opinion any less accurate than that of someone who lives in Florida and whose argument is so weak that they find it necessary to make allegations that not only have NO bearing whatsoever on the subject, but are ridiculous on their face.

4. Doesn't it occur to you that stating that I supposedly "...argue that everyone has the right to kite anywhere they want..." when I have not only NEVER stated that, but CONSTANTLY post a contrary opinion means that all I need do to show that your statement is a KNOWING and DELIBERATE OUTRIGHT LIE is to ask you to PROVE it, and that your allegation demonstrates both lack of thought and wishful thinking.

So please, thoroughly humble me by pointing out how WRONG the foregoing is and QUOTE ANY STATEMENT of mine which supports your allegation.

5. What makes you think that I HAVEN'T " Let the locals handle it themselves." ? Please let me know HOW I have somehow interfered with the locals' incompetence at getting bans and restrictions reversed.

I posted information which identifies an approach which I think is better than whining, begging and asslicking. The fact that it precipitated ONLY personal attacks from individuals who are apparently so fearful of making an ATTEMPT to stand up for their rights that they are worried that anyone else might, is EXTREMELY depressing, to say the least. Fortunately, I have to stop this rant because it will ver into POLITICS and I know how Toby feels about that.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET


Last edited by RichardM on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Legal Opinion Might Help NY Kiters (and others) Fight Ba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:52 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 am
Posts: 454
Pity you had to leave to help Mother with the house and motel.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Don Monnot, eran m, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, K3rM1t, kitepark, loco4viento and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group