Make an offer website for Best and Naish kites

Forum for kitesurfers
Kiwibayer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Make an offer website for Best and Naish kites

Postby Kiwibayer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:50 pm

What happened to the "make an offer website"? It was launched approximately 1 year ago and you were able to make an offer for last years models. I believe it was run by Best but it also listed Naish kites. Is the site still up? Does anyone have a link?
Thanks.

Outside
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: Make an offer website for Best and Naish kites

Postby Outside » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:15 am

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Postby rtz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:20 am

Was anyone on this site ever able to purchase anything from there?

I think the prices were set so that unless you snuck up on the price; one would wind up overshooting the price.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:34 am

I would strongly suggest that everyone hold off on providing their information to this website until someone with credibility stands up for it. 21 posts and 28 posts seems a bit light. ATM it looks like a scam. The site doesn't even seem to be using https:....re:. where they ask for your credit info for example..

Outside
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Outside » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:45 am

Laughingman wrote:I would strongly suggest that everyone hold off on providing their information to this website until someone with credibility stands up for it. 21 posts and 28 posts seems a bit light. ATM it looks like a scam. The site doesn't even seem to be using https:....re:. where they ask for your credit info for example..
Good read.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:24 am

Laughingman wrote:I would strongly suggest that everyone hold off on providing their information to this website until someone with credibility stands up for it. 21 posts and 28 posts seems a bit light. ATM it looks like a scam. The site doesn't even seem to be using https:....re:. where they ask for your credit info for example..
Unless someone put in fake info the domain name is owned by Best...
Registrant:
Ride Best LLC
1405 Poinsettia Dr. #10
Delray Beach, FL 33444
US

Domain Name: KITERSOUTLET.COM

That said..it could be fake info...

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 pm

I purchased from kitersoutlet.com a new 2011 Kahoona 11.5m kite only for $600 (+free shipping). I thought it was a pretty good deal! It even came with a pump! I think it was end of 2011 or beginning of 2012 when I purchased that kite. They don't appear to have updated the website since then.

Best also has not updated their main website. There still is no way to view the prices in US Dollars. The US site has all prices in Euros??? Or are those the prices in dollars, but the symbol is just wrong? Either way, you'd think someone would notice this and fix it since the website launched 2 months ago...

The idea was that Best would buy back the shops' leftover kites at the end of the season so they could buy the new models of Best kites. Best would even buy back other companies' kites, so that's why there are Naish and Slingshot models on there as well.

Return to “Kitesurfing”