RRD Obsession 9
Spleen RIP 145
Flyboard Radical 4
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha I feel disappointed and fooled switchblade 2

Postby BigTomi » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 am

hausmex wrote:No one will recommend a company to anyone if the service is bad and the products are of bad quality.

please recomend me a good customer service kitesurf brand
SWITCH KITES they have premium support for great kites :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

tr3v
Frequent Poster
Gear: BWS, CSA Surfboards, Sirocco

Postby tr3v » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:57 am

Cabrinha customer service sucks, but you can't blame them for buying the wrong kite.

I have had every Switchblade since they started. The 2013 was the worst experience (10m was like the previous year's 9m), but the 2014 is awesome!

Jojo1
Medium Poster
Style: Hydrofoil & wave riding
Gear: Paraavis gvx 2 18.5
Reo v4 9
Reo v4 6
Reo v4 4
Hydrofoil Enata with custom board
Custom wave board 5.1

Postby Jojo1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 am

You all must know that Cabrinha become part of Neil Pryde Group few years ago.

Neil Pryde produce one of best performing windsurfing sails .
In the same time they also use worst materials and i have had experenced that a Race sail fall apart in 6 months of use.
With my 29 years experience in windsurfing these can hapend only with Neil Pryde.
Thay also say its customers fault becose you must take sail out of the sun ,but how much sun can one sail take in 6 months stayng most time in the bag?
They are known for wary bad customer service.
They simply use worst available materials(cheap) and play a lot on colors and shiny marketing.
Go and by something else.

Jdude
Medium Poster
Style: newschool
Gear: Xenon + Slingshot

Postby Jdude » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:12 am

Did you test the kite before buying it ?

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:12 am

Hum, i had 2 SBs 2013, 12 and 9m, lots of range, quite nimble but would fall off the sky in unstable air ( offshore wind, close to shore in winter). Make sure that you keep some tension in the backlines, that will delay the process and or keep the kite moving. Instead of giving a bas rep to your kite, just sell it as many like it anyways and buy a kite you demoed in the widest possible wind range... Anyways, no one will ever change à kite because you don't like it... By the way I demoed the 10m 2014, very good turner, good lowend but can be easily chocked if you pull the bar in too much at the lowend (won't backstall though), good relauch, good upwind, but kept yanking me in gusty winds. Top end is definitely less than 2013. So I prefered to stay away from it and go for something else...

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Drew22 wrote:
matth wrote:Man people just love to hate Cabrinha. Love my vectors and crossbow. Zero problems , still look brand new after many sessions. I see lots of 2013 Swithblades , never heard any complaints before. I think try before you buy, or get lots of feedback from others is key. Maybe just like cars ,its not always a great idea to run out and buy a new model until the feedback and reviews come in.

These guys seem to like it.

http://www.sbckiteboard.com/2013-kite-r ... ws_id=2050

Have you ever seen a bad review from these guys? I don't trust any reviews that don't list one negative or say dumb shit like the kite has a little little bit to heavy bar pressure but dominates everything else. Everyone from beginner to pro will love this kite and everything about it. Do you think SBC or any kite mag is gonna dog a kite even if its garbage when a company is lining their pockets?

try before you buy , get lots of feedback from others is the key.......Did you miss that part?

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:18 pm

kitesurfbali wrote:So you buy a kite that you did not test! Did not like much and now you want them to give you a new one...OMG!!! Kites are different EVERY year, there was nothing wrong with your kite!!!!
Cabrinha for Switchblade in 2013 when for lighter bar pressure, faster turning and awesome depower.
All the people I know who bought them they really like the kite....
It was also explained pretty well in their web site and brochure too... AND in the many test that were posted... You should have done your homework before buying the kite!!!

For 2014 they went back to a more powerful kite like was asked by the market.
I really don't see what this have to do with customer service..
Bye Jankie
+1

Stop being a crybaby and deal with the fact that you bought a kite that is completely fine, just doesn't suit your specific needs.

FFS, what is this, a whine-forum???

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby OceanAdventures » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Not liking a kite is an issue with your shop, not the company. If I have a person call the shop and I recommend a kite, I take responsibility if that kite does not live up to my recommendation, and I'll take the kite back and get you what would work for you.

News flash, almost no kite flies good in light wind. I'll tell anyone that the 2013 lost some bottom end, but it is still a fun kite to fly, and I sell one almost every day.

Support your local shops and things like this can be avoided, and if you don't have a local shop, make a relationship with a brick and mortar shop thru emails or over the phone, and I promise most of use are more interested in helping kiters than making money.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:31 pm

OceanAdventures wrote:Not liking a kite is an issue with your shop, not the company. If I have a person call the shop and I recommend a kite, I take responsibility if that kite does not live up to my recommendation, and I'll take the kite back and get you what would work for you.

News flash, almost no kite flies good in light wind. I'll tell anyone that the 2013 lost some bottom end, but it is still a fun kite to fly, and I sell one almost every day.

Support your local shops and things like this can be avoided, and if you don't have a local shop, make a relationship with a brick and mortar shop thru emails or over the phone, and I promise most of use are more interested in helping kiters than making money.

How would you rate Cabrinhas quality and customer service.. looks like you carry lots of brands.

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:42 pm

+1 on the shop relevance!

From my experience it boils down to the people in the shop I buy from. Of course, they operate within the "possibilities" of the brand, but whenever I had issues, a shop with great customer service tries their best and pushes the limits to make you happy - and that goes across brands...

I also can share that my most positive experiences are with Best - I know it's a brand that some people not necessarily love... but the way they dealt with me when I had issues was simply outstanding - from their "headoffice employees" as well as the local shop... You could argue that their "lifetime warranty thingy" is lots of marketing, but it shows that they focus on it - in a saturated market differentiation is key and it seems they use customer service as an important aspect for that...

Trying to make customers happy is a short term investment for which they "might" see a long-term benefit, that's why many brands struggle with that. Especially when some people try to "push it" (e.g. I dont like how it flies, give me a new one")...
Even though I currently do not have a Best kite, I will definitely buy again from them soon and do recommend them to friends...

P.S.
Just a happy customer - no affiliation what so ever with them... I like to try different brands, I currently have Naish, North, Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo...

Return to “Kitesurfing”