Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Forum for kitesurfers
BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby BWD » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Well, ok, I guess you can. I mean I could usually relaunch a wrapped up 5 line C kite,
even without Y bridle at top, but still, I haven't regretted switching to 4 lines...

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby JGTR » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:44 pm

I would much rather fly 4 lines but I'm yet to find a 4 line safety that I am comfortable with plus I am also yet to find a 4 line kite that feels like a 5 line kite does, 5th lines just do something to a kite that you lose with 4 lines :-?

jedi1
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jedi1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:18 pm

JGTR wrote:I would much rather fly 4 lines but I'm yet to find a 4 line safety that I am comfortable with plus I am also yet to find a 4 line kite that feels like a 5 line kite does, 5th lines just do something to a kite that you lose with 4 lines :-?
I feel just the other way :lol: 5 line kites feel strange to me at the bar, as the pull is different.

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:58 pm

I have not flown the Torch's but I ride Fuels. Both kites are going to relaunch with no problems if you have the wind to actually be out riding them that simple. Fuels are a straight C kite 4 direct connect lines small wind range and little "depower" (I hate this term and no kites don't have depower). Torch's are a loaded 5th line and the 5th line works just like a bridal. There are pros and cons to both kites. I all ways suggest riding what you can get local just so you can get better support.

You can get 5th line safety for the Fuels from SlingShot but it is for flagging to a 5th line and not meant to be flown with tension.

fredsbk
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Jesolo Beach - North Italy
Santa Cruz lake -North Italy
Gear: Genetrix Genesis 12 mt

Postby fredsbk » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:27 am

I have Fuel 11 - 9 - 7 (2010-2011)and Torch 12 - 9 (2012-2013)
Torch relaunch is better, in light wind conditions too :thumb:

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:08 am

TheJoe wrote:I have not flown the Torch's but I ride Fuels. Both kites are going to relaunch with no problems if you have the wind to actually be out riding them that simple. Fuels are a straight C kite 4 direct connect lines small wind range and little "depower" (I hate this term and no kites don't have depower). Torch's are a loaded 5th line and the 5th line works just like a bridal. There are pros and cons to both kites. I all ways suggest riding what you can get local just so you can get better support.

You can get 5th line safety for the Fuels from SlingShot but it is for flagging to a 5th line and not meant to be flown with tension.
5th line does not work just like a bridle. A bridle allows a dynamic front line point and distributes the the load across the LE of the kite, a 5th line just adds additional support to the LE allowing thinner LE profile and better stability when under load. The power of the kite is transmitted via the front lines which attach to the wing tips giving more positive feedback and totally different to a bridle that incorporates the front lines producing a totally different feel and riding experience.

Durao
Medium Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fuel x torch

Postby Durao » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:15 pm

I have never tried out the Fuel, however I can say that Torch does not work better in light wind conditions! If Torch 11M could not work good in light wind conditions, I got 71 kg in a 14 kt, the Fuel must be better than it, if not.. it will be not good!

But I steel want to change from Torch to Fuel...

I have been riding a RPM, and it is sounds good, hower a litle bit slow... I believe that Fuel must be faster than RPM...

Does anyone knows who has some Demo Fuel to sell? I am form BrasiL. I have found one 2014 demo from Canada, however the " shop" did want to sel it by Paypal, so it may appear sounding strange.. Is there any space in KITEFORUM just to relate about " FAKE" shops?

GOOD WIND ATT GUYS!
Aloha

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:39 pm

JGTR wrote:5th line does not work just like a bridle. A bridle allows a
You know what he meant, the torch has more depower and better upwind thanks to being able to have a better angle of attack thanks to a loaded 5th line. whether u call it a bridle or not, not a big deal. Durao the fuel is not faster than the rpm or torch you don't buy a fuel because of how fast it is (it has a thick leading edge which slows it down) you buy a fuel because you want a true 4 line c kite, all the other c kites are 5 line, best, naish, north. Thejoe andy yates was flying his fuel with the 5th line under tension for the pkra even tho it's not spec to fly it under load I think it's strong enough to do so if u want.

I think ruben lenten explained it best about why a 4 line c kite instead of a 5 line. "My brain, it just . . . can't do 5 lines."

I'm with ruben on this one. Lot of nice things you get with 5 lines, I just can't do it.

Durao
Medium Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fuel x torch

Postby Durao » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:42 am

That is it EDT... I just can´t do the 5 line work to improve myself..

Due it, I am queen to try the Fuel 2013.. what I don´t know if is there too much diferentes for the 2014 Fuel..

In my spot in Brazil where I usually go riding, we got 14- 17 kts in normal conditions... And for the Torch it does not work good.
WHat I have been reading is that the Fuel work better in light condition than others C.

thanks every one!!

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:25 am

In light wind conditions 5th line kite relaunches easier. Period.
As for 4 or 5th line C kite probably is more matter of personal prefference.
But I guess, 5th platform is easier to tweak as it alows different LE diameter and also provides more stable shape and depower esp. in varying conditions.

Durao, you are mostly reffering light wind capabilities of your /or tested/ Torch right?
If that so, I think your kite size is the problem.
The 11 is more appropriate within 16- 18 knots.
Whereas the 12 could be better choice regarding the local conditions you have...

L.

Return to “Kitesurfing”