Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

King Of Watersports UK Feedback - Fantastic Service

Forum for kitesurfers
ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: King Of Watersports UK Feedback – Fantastic Service

Postby ronnie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:26 pm

I ordered a Cabrinha kite which they could not supply. There was a problem with Cabrinha changing their distributor this year and that seems to have caused a number of delays and lack of information.

I found Charlie and Jane to be very helpful over the phone, but the supply of information to keep me updated with information by email was poor.

Charlie gave me good advice and a good deal on another kite when he couldn't get me the first one. Delivery was fast.
I'd buy from them again.

wayne5000
Rare Poster
Local Beach: queensland
Gear: naish park 2013 9m and 12m lf nrg 14 2013
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby wayne5000 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:21 am

I have nothing good to say about them worst dervice i have seen buying a kite bought a new kite with maa coulour bleed or printing dramas nothing what i expected or was sold so after a few days of being stuffed around was told cause liquid force would not compensate them they will not help me out then said send it back for a refund but they wont pay the postage wich from were i live is 100 or they said they will exchange but i have to pay 100 to send back and 100 tpostage to get new kite pretty disappointed and a bit shocked by the poor service :(

dimip
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All over Naxos Island
Favorite Beaches: Glyfada Beach,
Amitis Bay
Style: My style :p
Gear: Griffin kites, Shinn monk, Rrd barracuda, F-one mitu

Postby dimip » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:45 am

To be more exact, warranty issues I don't know cause I haven't need one, but communication with mail is almost non existing, by phone is OK...

balugh
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hunstanton, Brancaster, and other beaches in Norfolk
Favorite Beaches: ...I need to travel more...:-(
Style: Free ride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15M
North Rebel 11M
North Rebel 8m
Ozone Light 7m
Spleene Session 140
SuperShinn 135
Brand Affiliation: www.kite-eze.com

Postby balugh » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:59 am

Could be wrong but pretty much every time I see a shop or a brand praised on the internet every bad experience anyone ever had with that brand or shop gets dumped into a response. I do actually find it quite amusing but the proprietors must put their hats and flak jackets on whenever they see praise like this appear....

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:11 pm

bought a Monk Forever from them - since I'm in Cape Town I had it shipped to a friend in Poland who brought it to me on his visit...

When I opened the package I saw they send the wrong color... well, I will survive it and I don't blame them for the fact that I can not return it since a friend brought it to me to Cape Town... BUT: I send them a mail about it... no response what so ever.. pretty disappointing...

wayne5000
Rare Poster
Local Beach: queensland
Gear: naish park 2013 9m and 12m lf nrg 14 2013

Postby wayne5000 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Well every thing for me got sorted they ended up helping me out so ended up being a happier customer in the end

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 pm

why are we still talking about it?

if you are happy with them you'll be buying from them soon again. if not, good bye... :bye2:

achilleasatha
Rare Poster
Style: Old-School
Gear: 7m Prodigy - Ocean Rodeo
8m Razor - Ocean Rodeo
9m Prodigy - Ocean Rodeo
133x38 Cabrinha Imperial
136x36 Naish Sol

Postby achilleasatha » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:42 pm

I'll briefly summarize my recent experience here.

I recently bought a Mystic Force drysuit from King Of Watersports through Ebay. The product title as advertised was: Mystic Force Nylon Drysuit 2016. Now at the time of the purchase the title alone would dispose me to expect something fishy, as a 2016 collection hadn't even been announced by mystic on their website. Regardless I proceeded with the purchase as I really wanted a drysuit and this one was going for an amazing price.

Less than 48H delivery, quick processing, nice packaging, low P&P costs. Item arrived intact and the quality of the product is nice. Overall very satisfied.

However, the model of the drysuit I received is from 2012. I wasn't expecting a 2016 model which wasn't out on the market yet, but I was kind of hoping for a 2014/2015 make. I contacted the seller just to gauge a reaction about this. Here is what I received as a reply: "Hi, sorry it was a typo in the tittle, but it is the one as shown in the image right? We can get it collected and provide a full refund if you wish? Sorry it was a genuine error."

Now I'll leave it up to you to decide if it was a genuine error or they intentionally create misleading titles to get rid of outdated stock, given that there is precedence. Regardless I was pretty content with the fact that they offered me a refund, even tho I didn't take them up on that.

Personally, I am very skeptical if I will be buying from KoW again in the future. Maybe if it happens to be the case that I want something at a good price and don't mind the off-chance of receiving outdated stock, then prolly...

So those are the facts, make what you will out of them.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many

Postby corbett » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Last edited by corbett on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dimip
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All over Naxos Island
Favorite Beaches: Glyfada Beach,
Amitis Bay
Style: My style :p
Gear: Griffin kites, Shinn monk, Rrd barracuda, F-one mitu

Postby dimip » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:41 pm

I have seen similar errors, I write them to clarify and they correct it.
I am happy so far except last year that I won an auction and after the item wasn't available. They offer refund or choose something else, with their help I found almost identical :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”