Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: North kite 2014 inflation valve

Postby Toby » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:39 am

I never read about the new valve before...so today I tested a proto and it had it...took me 5 min to figure it out...i had a Nobile pump and worked excellent. Looks like it will work with any pump.

Really cool and easy system, much faster pumping like this!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:35 am

For sure with the sized kites you fly all the time, don't know how you did it!

Airush, fone, blade etc etc, lets have this now, I love all your wings but tell you right now I will not buy another kite without fast flow.

I know it sounds petty, but its the one thing we all don't look forward to (especially the bigger kites) and I just can't be fagged with the old valve systems.

Get it done.

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North
Been thanked: 0

Postby BigPaul » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:32 pm

WestOzzy

Do you not fill your kite through the outlet and then top it up via the intake/oneway valve? This make inflating your kite really easy. I thought everyone did it?

Paul

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:51 pm

I use a BST so i really don't give a rats ass about kite valves :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:08 am

+1 Elda. Have you or anyone else adapted the BST with a diff Hose to fit the NEW North valve??

I have not come up w a solution yet.

Thank you

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:05 am

BigPaul wrote:WestOzzy

Do you not fill your kite through the outlet and then top it up via the intake/oneway valve? This make inflating your kite really easy. I thought everyone did it?

Paul

Paul why don't you try a kite with one high flow valve that you put a hose on once and pump until the right psi, then deflate via the same one valve. I thought everyone did it? :naughty:

kimeza
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA
Favorite Beaches: Maui
Sherman Island
South Padre Island
Style: Holding on for dear life
Gear: North Rebel 7, 9 ,12 and a Dyno 15 when I'm desperate. I think a Neo quiver is in my future.

Postby kimeza » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:26 am

My 2014 North Rebel pumps fine with the new valve just up to about 5 psi then the valve connector just pops out and I lose air. It seems just a little air leaks between the pump valve and the kite valve. It seems a better design would be a thing gasket so it locks tightly with friction.

K3rM1t
Frequent Poster
Gear: North

Postby K3rM1t » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:28 pm

My $0.02

I LOVE the high flow valves on any brand and have had no issues pumping my 2014 Rebels. I rarely bring a pump to the beach unless I'm solo and borrow whatever is around. I've pumped with all sorts and the only time I found one that didn't work was when only 2 of us showed up and the pump had a glued in nozzle (doh!) so I pumped my rebel using the wingtip deflate valve and had a great day.

I was reminded last week while on vacation and on a borrowed old Rebel 14m how much harder the old little nozzles are to pump big kites with. The simple solution that North and others now use, where any normal hose can be used, is awesome. So simple and quick.

Used to have Cabrinhas and while I haven't seen their new system, the older one with the special adaptor that needed to be screwed on and off and stored on the kite in case your pump didn't have one was less ideal. It's not a huge issue but it does add time and complexity when you're frothing to get on the water.

The only issue I can come up with for the 2014 North valve is if you don't screw the cap back on after deflating and pack up your kite, the two little nibs that stick up to help you manually turn the valve can poke pin holes in the kite canopy. This isn't an issue if you deflate only with the wingtip and leave the main valve cover on. Very minor once you are aware of it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”