Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slingshot compstick users...

Postby sijandy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:55 pm

where do you attach leash for suicide? I always used to clip round the depower rope above the release mech till someone pointed out it's better to go round the chicken loop and the css ring together for better safety. Does anyone who does this find it a real pig to get the caribiner from the safety leash around both of these?

we
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Huguenot, Atlantic Beach Jax
Favorite Beaches: Vieux Fort, St. Lucia

Re: Slingshot compstick users...

Postby we » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:02 pm

I usually just clip the safety to the chicken loop. I've also tried the trick with feeding the red loop over the chicken loop so you could pull the primary safety to get it to flag out. I mainly just clip it to the chicken loop.

zack2044
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South Beach: Blue Hill, Nassau Bahamas
Style: intermediate
Gear: Best Bullaroo: 10/13m (pink)
Nemi Hp:7m (White)
08 best waroo 15m (turquoise)
LF 127 Recoil with LF 2008 COMP straps & Pads

Postby zack2044 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Personally I connect it right above the safety push on the depower ropes. I think the best way is probably putting the red handle through the chicken loop then connecting the leash to the silver ring. Connecting the leash directly to the chicken loop means that if you pull the first safety the kite is gone.

windrt
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Kite + Board + rest of stuff you normally use.

Postby windrt » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:45 pm

that`s the way I ride it

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:16 am

windrt wrote:that`s the way I ride it

Na I meant for unhooked riding - that would be no good cos it would flag out everytime.
Usefull picture tho... what i meant was same as the pic above but around the CL aswell. Not only does having round the css ring mean you have extra safety but the pull from the lines on the css ring keeps your leash pinned up the top of the CL. The issue i'm having is getting the caribiner around both on the old bar.

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 am

I removed the Donkey from mine and on normal days I just clip on to that ring. If it's a sketchy day I do the safety and chicken loop. For the craziest days I do safety for launching and landing and only on the chicken loop while in the water.

I have had 2 instances where I have clip my leash to my harness while being just on the chicken loop so I'm not too big on doing it unless I have my safety attached as well. One of those time I actually some how un-clipped my leash and the kite went floating away. No clue how that happens but it did.

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile

Postby fdvj » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:37 am

sijandy wrote:

Na I meant for unhooked riding - that would be no good cos it would flag out everytime.
Usefull picture tho... what i meant was same as the pic above but around the CL aswell. Not only does having round the css ring mean you have extra safety but the pull from the lines on the css ring keeps your leash pinned up the top of the CL. The issue i'm having is getting the caribiner around both on the old bar.
With the set up as above when yo drop the bar the kite does not flag out as the chicken loop goes through the red o/s loop. But if you fire the re;lease the kite flags as normal. Is you clip the caribina to the end chicken loop and steel ring then you risk the clip jaming on the wire loop on the end of the CL if you release.

windrt
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Kite + Board + rest of stuff you normally use.

Postby windrt » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:21 pm

sijandy wrote:

Nop, it won't. :thumb:

bnthere
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA

Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
Style: all styles of kite riding
Gear: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Brand Affiliation: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone

Postby bnthere » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 pm

there's another one

a person can do whatever they want, but just to throw it out there: there is really no point to rigging suicide/depower style as apposed to onto the leash system so the kite flags out, unless you are in a situation where you need the fastest possible relaunch or possible no kite crash and bar recovery after you lose the bar. and the only two situations like that are contest and wave riding. and y'all aint doing the first one, and your probably not talking about the second one. its not a big deal to let it disable and reset it, plus it will save a shit load of wear on your kite because it wont be slamming into the water every time you blow a move, it will float down with the least force possible. after splitting 2 or 3 kites trying to learn to land blind you'll figure it out.

people that rig suicide and keep the donkey dick on their bar can't be trusted. its one or the other man.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:19 am

bnthere wrote:there's another one

a person can do whatever they want, but just to throw it out there: there is really no point to rigging suicide/depower style as apposed to onto the leash system so the kite flags out, unless you are in a situation where you need the fastest possible relaunch or possible no kite crash and bar recovery after you lose the bar. and the only two situations like that are contest and wave riding. and y'all aint doing the first one, and your probably not talking about the second one. its not a big deal to let it disable and reset it, plus it will save a shit load of wear on your kite because it wont be slamming into the water every time you blow a move, it will float down with the least force possible. after splitting 2 or 3 kites trying to learn to land blind you'll figure it out.

people that rig suicide and keep the donkey dick on their bar can't be trusted. its one or the other man.
what? no

Return to “Kitesurfing”