Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites 4G

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Hello guys,
I have been getting a lot of emails and calls concerning our EPIC "SUP" boards.
We have 4 sizes with different prices: 10'6" ($1599) / 9'4" ($1499) / 8'5" ($1399) / 7'8" ($1299). All our SUP boards are designed for the surf. So if you are looking for a great performance SUB board for the surf then check these EPIC SUP boards.
We ship them world wide and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get them because we only make them on demand and depending the location we give FREE shipping.
Our 4G WEB page is up and running but we are still working on it. But if you are interested you can always email us at: info@epickites.com or dimitri@epickites.com
Attachments
8.5 EPIC SUP.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Hello guys.
The 4G EPIC web site is finally up and running. Check it out www.epickites.com
Also check this new video on what's coming soon.

kiterjames
Rare Poster
Gear: Wainman
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiterjames » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:23 pm

windsuks wrote:Just received this from one of our instructors "to be"
whilst he is doing his BKSA Instructor Training Course here in the UK

Used the 2 renegades in a land exercise.
Feedback.
The best graphics out there.
Solid build.
Really high quality all round(lines, pulleys, bridles)
We then laid 5 different bars out Epic f.foil. F.one. North and one other.
Ben, the instructor referred to the epic "this is in my opinion the perfect bar" he liked the feel of the bar, solid, strong and effective QR, flagging on the single line, perfect to teach on as it has the stopper ball.
Lots of interest in them.

Nice
I think that this kind of post sums up perfectly why people get a little irritated by the Epic posts.

Windsucks is an Epic dealer in the UK, he has a financial interest in pimping these products. Even I am surprised that he can say, with a straight face that the Epic bar is the perfect bar. It's not even the best bar compared to the bars mentioned in his post. Put the Epic bar next to the North bar for example, a complete novice could see the clear difference in the quality, the North bar is far superior in every way. Look at a year old Epic bar and you will more than likely see a worn, shredded grip, lots of wear on the depower (if it's not been replaced), rust running from the screws going into the bar and bent up floats.

The Epic gear is good, for the price. It's not a premium brand. Why the Epic marketing bandwagon tries to compare their products with the main companies is a mystery to me, why not market it for what it is. Mid range priced and mid range quality. A little bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss from these companies from time to time. Windsucks posts just cheapen the whole image of what seems to be a decent small kite company.

As for the kites being the best looking on the market, if you like kites that look like a child has designed the graphics then I suppose you would like them. Having said that mine has a green bunny on it!

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:31 pm

let me reply to your ignorance... or at least opinion.
Windsuks expressed that he was passing along info, and that the person stated that he, IN HIS OPINION thought it was the best bar. So... if he's stating his opinion, I hardly think it's fair to jump all over it. And I'm absolutely positive that there is no best bar, just like there is no best anything. It's a matter of preference and performance based on those preferences. What bar, of any brand would not show wear after a good year of use? And for the price... last I checked, Epic was on par with other brands. Does the most expensive kite determine quality or performance? nope.

you speak like you've been around here a lot... but with your first post, this thread must have certainly required you to take action.

Keep sharing the stoke, but lets get off the brand bashing. It's just not productive.

kiterjames
Rare Poster

Postby kiterjames » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Hey KiteCulture. It's not about brand bashing. I think the Epic kites are good quality, I don't actually mind the bar personally but I've seen some in terrible condition after a few months of use. The thing I do have a problem with is the blatant bullshit associated with the brand. If you use the internet to promote your products then don't be surprised if people post an alternative view on the gear.

To suggest the Epic bar is the perfect bar is just ridiculous. I'm into product design, I know a well designed product using good materials and established production methods. The Epic bar doesn't fall into any of these categories.

I think the Epic bar comes in at a mid priced bar, it shows. It's mid range quality and not even close to being perfect.

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North

Postby BigPaul » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Kiter james. Your post comes across as very untrustworthy and thinly vailed. To suggest its not a bash, then why attack the graphics? To say i dont like the bar because of ...... Would be fair enough. But you dont. You are deliberatly vague and confortational. You will defend this behaviour by suggesting that any one defending Epic is a pimp. Been here seen that. I woukd suggest putting your thoughts into something more constructive.
Paul

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 pm

With all due respect Mr.kiterjames but we must be doing something good to have another major kite company contacting me asking if I am interested in selling the E P I C K I T E S brand to them.
But sorry, EPIC is not for sale.
:nono:
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiterjames
Rare Poster

Postby kiterjames » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:47 pm

BigPaul. Do you sell Epic kites?

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:24 am

Sorry kiterjames, the opinions were those of the instructor of ITC and it's students.....NOT MINE, this was the actual text from our friend to me, I'm really not sure why you had to newly register on this forum just to bash?

It was the general feedback of the group, that's all!

If you disagree that's fine...it's your opinion, just like it was theirs!
I think most if not all on here know I am affiliated to Epic...I don't exactly hide the fact. :thumb:

ps the comments were regards the new 4G bars not the older previous model.
pps sorry for the late delay, we've been kiting all day :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:37 am

The truth comes also from customers that have actually tried an EPIC kite.
Attachments
DSC_0119.jpg
Happy customer 2387.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”