Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby BigPaul » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:32 am

No, i work in telecommunications and IPTV. I dont fly epic. But when i need to refresh my quiver i will make sure i try Epic. I personally just hate people like you. Whio enjoy trolling. The internet it a fantastic place. I know it what i do. But no matter what beautiful, creative and fantastical things people create. There is always those who feel the need to bash as they will never be as bright!
Paul

kiterjames
Rare Poster
Gear: Wainman

Postby kiterjames » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:29 am

It's an interesting word trolling. In this case I choose to question whether an Epic dealer who spends an awful lot of time promoting his own brand within this thread is actually being honest because no matter how you look at it the "perfect bar" claim is ridiculous and untrue. Windsucks attributes this comment to a third person which is sensible as even he won't claim the Epic bar to be perfect. The only "beautiful, creative and fantastical things people create" in this tread is the idea that the Epic bar is perfect and the instructor who said it.

If trolling is calling someone out for making up fake reviews then I'm a troll.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:28 am

kiterjames wrote:It's an interesting word trolling. In this case I choose to question whether an Epic dealer who spends an awful lot of time promoting his own brand within this thread is actually being honest because no matter how you look at it the "perfect bar" claim is ridiculous and untrue. Windsucks attributes this comment to a third person which is sensible as even he won't claim the Epic bar to be perfect. The only "beautiful, creative and fantastical things people create" in this tread is the idea that the Epic bar is perfect and the instructor who said it.

If trolling is calling someone out for making up fake reviews then I'm a troll.
how would you call someone who makes an extra account to talk trash/criticize a certain brand? Its not like you been honest and kept your other account(s) to reply.

I do understand what you are comming from with your arguments. Hell i drewl at the North bar myself too. But the epic bar 4G really is very nice. Its very simple but has a great grip.
All my 2010 bars and later ones are still in reasonable good shape. The 4G CL really is very nice. It works easy and feels rocksolid.

Yes its a simple bar compeared to the north bar. But it does everything it supposed to do. Great grip, good feeling. and everything works. So it really is a good bar.

kiterjames
Rare Poster

Postby kiterjames » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi Geronimo. I never posted on this forum before so that's why I don't have any postings behind my name, that does not make my point any less valid. I'm not attacking the Epic bar because it is poor, it is as you say simple and effective. It is good quality but it is not great quality and it is a very far way away from being perfect as claimed by the "instructor".

As long as Epic dealers keep making these wild claims people will continue to disagree with the claims. I see that I am not the first and I will not be the last. A bit of honesty would go a long way.

The Epic bar is good value but given the choice and money aside I'd be amazed if anyone would ever go for an Epic bar over one from the main kite and bar manufactures.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:11 pm

.....I'm not attacking the Epic bar because it is poor, it is as you say simple and effective. It is good quality but it is not great quality and it is a very far way away from being perfect as claimed by the "instructor".
As long as Epic dealers keep making these wild claims people will continue to disagree with the claims. I see that I am not the first and I will not be the last. A bit of honesty would go a long way.
The funny thing Mr.kiterjames is that all these claims you read from customer are true. So there is nothing wrong with some of our dealers wanting to share these testimonials with other kiters.
If you want, send me your email and I can put you in touch with few customers that use to be like you but had the chance to try the EPIC product and end up buying few of them.
Now concerning the new 4G BAR.... I have a customer that just bought 4 of our new 4G BAR. I told him he why spend all that money since he only need one 4G XTEND EPIC BAR!!! But he replied that he wanted to replace his last year bars from other company because he fell in love with the new 4G BAR. By the way, have you had the chance to test the new 4G BAR? I guess some people have money to spend once it comes to a product you like and trust.
:thumb:
Attachments
photo.JPG
image004.png
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:47 pm

kiterjames wrote:
Well I can honestly say...this was the text I received from the guy...how many times do I have to tell you this?

Funny enough I saw the guy today who sent me the text and I mentioned your reply's, we both laughed!

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

kiterjames wrote:Hi Geronimo. I never posted on this forum before so that's why I don't have any postings behind my name.
And you happen to follow the epic kites threads and after all this time you happen to feel the need to make a point out of this small thing you dont fully understand. Right...
Seen it to often with people making 2nd accounts for stuff like that.

But ok.. thats beside the point. The bar is simple. But the 4G is still a good quality bar. I havent had any problems with my own bars since 2010 (have been riding my 2010 12m since then in almost every wind from 13 to 30 knots.)

There are enough people out there that DO love the bar. Personally i love the bar how it feels and functions. But i love the gimmick stuff and the quality look a North has. But i also realize more stuff = more to break.

I wouldnt be suprised if Dimitri would do 2 different bars at some point. 1 simple bar and 1 technical bar someday.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Dimitri M wrote: I have a customer that just bought 4 of our new 4G BAR.
I told him he why spend all that money since he only need one 4G XTEND EPIC BAR!!!
But he replied that he wanted to replace his last year bars from other company because he fell in love with the new 4G BAR.

I would have also like this reply...he wanted one bar for each of his 4 Epic kites

That way he could leave his lines attached after each session...actually it seems he already does

No need to re-attach lines....ever.........bye bye ritual............hello freedom

Some people have the money...
...and if they learned how not to remove lines..they would love it...not think twice about the money

Besides a believe resale is more attractive to buyer when sold as a complete well tuned unit

Maybe D. start selling kites complete with lines attached ready to fly...at a slightly reduced cost

kiterjames
Rare Poster

Postby kiterjames » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:15 pm

Nobody is doubting the quality of the bar. I have seen every year of the Epic bar including the new bar. It needs some work but it is good quality, not great, not perfect but good and that's my point. Why not just call it what it is?

Why do the Epic guys feel the need to build up the gear to such a degree that they're going to get shot down? Kites that boost to the moon? Let's see how many appear in Rubens big air event tomorrow or in Cape Town. The perfect bar? Then it will never need redesigning I guess but of course it will because the next one will be more perfect.

You never hear of the big, established companies make these wild claims backed up with fake reviews from unnamed riders so why do Epic bother?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:19 pm

kiterjames wrote:The perfect bar? Then it will never need redesigning I guess but of course it will because the next one will be more perfect.

you do realize nobody from epic said this huh? but a friend of windsuks.
Dont overact on something that insignificant. your point itself is good but waaaay to much emhasizing on the epic part. Really no need for that.

At epic we think the bar is good. There is no hurry for a new bar with this new CL. But Dimitri is doing a lot of R&D with his team to make sure that when we change something it will be really worth it. And there will be a new bar at some point. But why change something that is already good.

The 4G bar simply does everything it needs to do functional simplicity.
I know everyone who tested it (and i have seen ALOT of people testing it) where all very positive about the feeling, quality and specially the new CL.
Last edited by Geronimo79 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”