Gear: SS Rally 12m
Switch Nitro v1 10m
SS Rally 8m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite trip to Asia: January - February 2014

Postby hanren » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:42 pm

I got my vacation approved yesterday, so I'm planning to take kite trip to Asia. I found two considerable destination: MuiNe & Boracay. I had already made some inspect for flights from Finland. Prices are quite same to HCMC and Manila(-Boracay). Accomodation are little bit cheaper @ Muine overally for longer stay.

So, I'm looking to get some advices from ppl that have been @ MuiNe or Boracay. Some pro's and con's. I know already that I should expect some heavy traffic on water with both places.

How is wind cover? It seems that statistically MuiNe got little bit stronger winds and most days at week overally. Boracay seems to have little lighter winds and there is wind 4 / 7 days of week. But those are just statistics from WG, so I can't trust 100% that info.

I'm 96kg (dry) rider and I'm planning to bring my 141 board + 12m&8m kite's with me. Are this setup enough for Boracay lighter winds? Or should I just left 8m home? For Mui Ne this package should work no prob I think.

I have been kiting for 2 years now and I'm good to go upwind. I wanna learn some jump and tricks on my trip to get progress. Gusty winds aren't huge problem for me, 'cos winds here in Finland are mostly gusty.

One thing which concern me little bit is wave brake on shore. This is quite new situation to me. I've heard that braking wave's are problem for beginners in Mui Ne.

ChuckDean
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Grado, Italy.
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha

Re: Kite trip to Asia: January - February 2014

Postby ChuckDean » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 am

hanren wrote:I got my vacation approved yesterday, so I'm planning to take kite trip to Asia. I found two considerable destination: MuiNe & Boracay. I had already made some inspect for flights from Finland. Prices are quite same to HCMC and Manila(-Boracay). Accomodation are little bit cheaper @ Muine overally for longer stay.

So, I'm looking to get some advices from ppl that have been @ MuiNe or Boracay. Some pro's and con's. I know already that I should expect some heavy traffic on water with both places.

How is wind cover? It seems that statistically MuiNe got little bit stronger winds and most days at week overally. Boracay seems to have little lighter winds and there is wind 4 / 7 days of week. But those are just statistics from WG, so I can't trust 100% that info.

I'm 96kg (dry) rider and I'm planning to bring my 141 board + 12m&8m kite's with me. Are this setup enough for Boracay lighter winds? Or should I just left 8m home? For Mui Ne this package should work no prob I think.

I have been kiting for 2 years now and I'm good to go upwind. I wanna learn some jump and tricks on my trip to get progress. Gusty winds aren't huge problem for me, 'cos winds here in Finland are mostly gusty.

One thing which concern me little bit is wave brake on shore. This is quite new situation to me. I've heard that braking wave's are problem for beginners in Mui Ne.

I highly recommend Boracay, much better place for beginner/intermediate kiters, with a rich nightlife with lots of activities to do besides riding :)...if u decide to go there, u should also take a short trip to Union Bay (30 min), and to Seco Island..u will have a blast im sure of it...Boracay is overall an amazing place.

hanren
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hanko
Gear: SS Rally 12m
Switch Nitro v1 10m
SS Rally 8m

Postby hanren » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:42 pm

I did some research on Boracay and it look like paradise on earth! Thanks for your tips on Seco and Union bay. At least Union bay would be nice place on days when there is some heavy traffic on Bolaga beach. As I come from almost north pole, so I'm not so used on +50 kiter's on small bay ;)

I just checked on some flights from Helsinki - Manila - Helsinki for 650 euros (with 20 hours of flight time..). Now I need to find some accomondation for a month of visit. Any tips here?

Imba
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Boracay
Favorite Beaches: Boracay
Style: Air
Gear: F-one 10m, Cabrinha Switchblade 14m, Cabrinha X-Bow 16m.

Postby Imba » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Guys... on Boracay terms, keep in mind the info from that thread as well: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2345774&p=815551#p815551

Especially about the jet flights booking.

Return to “Travel”