wetdog
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F-one Bandit bar alternatives?

Postby wetdog » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:40 am

Hi guys,
I'm currently flying the Bandit 4's and 5's and I want to try them with another bar, mainly because I'm afraid of the corrosion issue on the B4's bar (mine has had quite some use).

So my question is: what other bar brands will work with the Bandit? I assume a high (Y) is preferable so that the flight characteristics are as close as possible. I've heard the North Quad Bar should work. Anyone knows exactly how high the (Y) is on that one (because of the safety)? I measured the (Y) on the Bandit 4 bar and it seems to be exactly 4m. So I'm assuming 4m or more should be ok from safety point of view as both F-one and North flag on two front lines.

Second question: Any other brands except North that will work?

Thanks!

poldo
Frequent Poster

Re: F-one Bandit bar alternatives?

Postby poldo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:55 am

I've used Gaastra bar with a Bandit4. Safety works. Could find around a good prices

I think also RRd should work.

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 am

wetdog wrote:Hi guys,
I'm currently flying the Bandit 4's and 5's and I want to try them with another bar, mainly because I'm afraid of the corrosion issue on the B4's bar (mine has had quite some use).

Thanks!
F-One has a recall on this.
You can get brand new B5 bar free of charge.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2374523
Try to contact your F-One local dealer for more Info.

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:43 am

They don't really. I guess it depends on your local dealer. And I bought my kite second hand.

Air_Pharaoh
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ras Sedr, Red Sea
Favorite Beaches: To be decided
Gear: F-One Bandit Kites
Mystic Harness

Postby Air_Pharaoh » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:06 am

I am using an RRD bar on my Bandit 4 12m. It works fine.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:36 pm

And why don't you simply swap out the bar it-self? I mean the horisonal piece that you're holding in your hands, change it for one from.... take a pick.. and keep all the guts meanwhile. But if you still want to replace the whole thing - go for North, make sure though to get the 2013-2014 ones with a single-front-line release.

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:58 pm

alexeyga wrote:And why don't you simply swap out the bar it-self? I mean the horisonal piece that you're holding in your hands, change it for one from.... take a pick.. and keep all the guts meanwhile. But if you still want to replace the whole thing - go for North, make sure though to get the 2013-2014 ones with a single-front-line release.
Yeah, I'm considering that option as well (swapping only the bar itself). So North has single line safety from 2013? If I got an older North bar than that, as long as thee (Y) is at 4m or more from the bar is should be fine, no?

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:46 pm

alexeyga wrote:go for North, make sure though to get the 2013-2014 ones with a single-front-line release.
Does the North 2013/2014 really flag to a single front line?

According to their web site:

"The safety line when activated is connected to the two front lines, allowing the kite to rest on the water or the beach with hardly any power."

http://www.northkites.com/products/bars/quad-control/

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 pm

wetdog wrote:
alexeyga wrote:go for North, make sure though to get the 2013-2014 ones with a single-front-line release.
Does the North 2013/2014 really flag to a single front line?

According to their web site:

"The safety line when activated is connected to the two front lines, allowing the kite to rest on the water or the beach with hardly any power."

http://www.northkites.com/products/bars/quad-control/
My bad, I've got it mixed up with another brand who changed the safety principle for 2013, sorry.

That being said, as is North's bar exactly the same way as the stock F-One bar - so it's a direct replacement with a added bonus of being able to adjust the bar's width.

shef
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: A mixed bag

Postby shef » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Bought a couple 2015 Bandits and don't want to use the F-One bar due to double flag and a swivel that probably doesn't work. A few of my findings:

-Core Sensor bar works really well: Adjustable to both sizes of the F-One bars (45 and 52cm) and has a great untwisting function. The Core has 24m lines, compared to F-One's 21.8m lines (they advertise them as 24m, but they include the bridals as part of the 24m)
-Core Sensor 1 and 2 bars have the Y at the same height even though they are different safety systems.
-The 2012 North Quad bar I didn't try but I did compare Y height and it does have the Y at the same distance as the Core which seemed to fly well with my Bandits, as the Y split was virtually the same (North was 10cm shorter)
-2015 North Quad has the Y roughly 2 meters higher than the Core and the 2012 North Quad bar, but it has single line flag out. Have yet to test out my 2015 North bar on the Bandit yet, but I should get a chance in next couple weeks. I will repost when I do.
-I also have a 2016 Cabrinha Trimlite bar I will try at the same time, which has 22m lines, but low Y (V).

Return to “Kitesurfing”