lecdaniel
Rare Poster
Gear: Epic
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Epic kites and after-sales service

Postby lecdaniel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 am

I am using Epic kites since the beginning. And, since the beginning, i have an awsome service. Dimitri answers my mails almost within an hour afer receiving.

This week,i sent him 2 bars to fit them with his new 4G chicken loop and it is already ready.And in addition, he sent me a video of what he did!!!

So, even if his kites weren't the best ones i got till now, i would continue with Epic for that fantastic customer service and his friendly approach..

Great work Dimitri.

Shoe
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain
Gear: RRD Obsession 13.5
RRD Obsession 9.5
RRD Emotion 10

Re: Epic kites and after-sales service

Postby Shoe » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:25 am

I have to agree. Dimitri's customer service is top notch!

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:13 am

You should seriously consider some other brand's bars which come stock with parts that actually do work out of the box and don't need to get replaced with "better"-ones by nobody's "after-sales service" (at your cost).

In other words - enough of this cheap pimping crap already!

lecdaniel
Rare Poster

Postby lecdaniel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:27 am

and paid around 700,oo$$ for 2 new bars. Good idea!!

Shoe
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain
Gear: RRD Obsession 13.5
RRD Obsession 9.5
RRD Emotion 10

Postby Shoe » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:31 am

Hi Alex,

I think you are misunderstanding the point of the post. It's one thing to rave about how awesome the gear is(and we will both agree there are plenty of those posts), and it's completely different to give props to good customer service.

Since you brought it up, I like the screamer kites in lit situations but the bars don't fit my needs. I have two other brands of kites and personally like using my liquid force CPR bar with my Epic kites. Different strokes for different folks. The bottom line is Dimitri is great to work with, and customer service is a big deal for some of us.

Are you in MTL? Perhaps we could connect up at Champlain for a session once the ice sets in or when the water warms back up? I'm about an hour south of Plattsburgh.

Cheers!

Joe

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:13 am

I honestly don't know how Dimitri does it, and to be honest he couldn't do it without the support of his wife Helen and his assistant Kristy. Regardless, the people I have had the pleasure to be served by over the past year are exceptional. I was a critic of the epic tactics right up until I experienced first hand what it is like to be an epic customer/potential customer. These people are incredibly dedicated to providing their customers with the best service they can.
I've never been treated with such respect, efficiency, and integrity. No other kite company has even come close to the service I received from EPIC. In addition to the great service I received, the Epic Renegades are awesome all round kites. Perfect for beginners thru to advanced riders. Great range, awesome stability, unbelievable relaunch and the build quality is as good as I've ever seen... And I rode ion3s coming into this so my expectations are extremely high. Being an epic customer does not end when you pay for your kites, it's like being part of a club. The support is not exclusive to questions or concerns of the product but inclusive of advice, contacts around the globe for travel plans and confidence that no matter the situation, Dimitri will answer your questions to the best of his ability... And he is pretty able and connected.
It is no wonder there are so many loyal supporters.
Experience changes everything.
Sincerely
Pete

lecdaniel
Rare Poster

Postby lecdaniel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:21 am

Wow, i rarely have read a so well written comment on forums.

Respect!!

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:14 am

Welcome to the club Pete!
He's right on every point here. The gear is sick and the service is absolutely top notch!

BiteMe
Frequent Poster

Postby BiteMe » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:17 am

Yeah, I got to give it to them for Customer Service. Had a two year old bar break in a way it shouldn't have. Contacted Dimitri and he said they had seen that on a few other bars. He sent the parts right out and made it right. Respect.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 am

What Pete said... and I like Mr D's videos too :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”