Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby Westozzy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 am

So shavethewhales (classic play on your local name by the way, lol) are you saying the Jackster is not entitled to at least post his opinion? Just as you did? I can't see him banging on like another Aussie did not long ago, f*** now that was hilarious. He just said his piece and it seems is doing exactly what you said....all good man.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Guys once again, it's very hard to make every body happy, it's just as simple as that. All these reviews are great because it goes to show you we are doing a great job with the EPIC products.
For example yesterday I had a customer calling me asking about buying a SCREAMER 12 and a 9. So I asked him why the SCREAMER and not the RENEGADE or the JUDGE model? His response was that he bought a SCREAMER 14 (3G) last year and loved it. He also told me that he has a 12 and 9 meter from another kite company but the SCREAMER 14 turns and jumps way better then his 12 meter and that's one of the reasons why he wants to replace his 9 and 12 meter with a SCREAMER 12 & 9 kite. He also told me that 3 of his friends tried his SCREAMER 14 and were very impressed with its performance, quality, and how we pay attention to details on the kite. So in few words they told him they will be buying a set of EPIC kites also once they sell their other brand of kites.

P.S. Now take a look at these beauty, and don't tell me you don't want one of these in your quiver. I mean kites
Attachments
DSC_0025.jpg
DSC_0197.jpg
DSC_0326.jpg
GPV_0019-11.jpg
_MG_7870.jpg
GPV_0045-5 - Version 2.jpg
DSC_0114.jpg
7J2U2544.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0762.jpg

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Westozy Yeah my normal login doesnt work and says im logged in - then not..?
The Jacksters kite was 2010 - its now 2013, hes still hangin...

Anyway for Kiterjames - read back a few, hes playin the new poster Retard game and actually says Quote "I'm into product design" end quote.

Hes also into bullshit or Ive just imagined all my kitesurfing for the last 3 years !
Fair comment about the old bars - Ive been intelligent enough to use a good bar of my personal preference, safety, long throw, stopper, rubber ends, no clutter, single line flagout, ceramic swivel, 2 OSH handles and thin Q-powerline...
I call it the "Build a Bridge" bar ;)
Last edited by ShaveTheWhales on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gbgreen59
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby gbgreen59 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:57 pm

My experience with 12m Screamer is the same as ShaveTheWhales. No fabric problems after a couple of years usage. It is my favorite kite to fly when powered up.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Poster: gbgreen59
My experience with 12m Screamer is the same as ShaveTheWhales. No fabric problems after a couple of years usage. It is my favorite kite to fly when powered up.
Whaooo...gbgreen59,
If you think the 2 year old SCREAMER 12 kite you have been flying is your favorite kite, well wait until you fly the new SCREAMER 12 (4G) kite. You will be very impressed with its performance and how we pay attention to quality detail.

On another note if you guys are looking for an Inflatable Life Jacket for kiting or surfing during big days. Check this new jacket that my good friend legendary Maverick surfer Jeff Clark came up with.
This vest gave my wife more confidence when she knows there is a hurricane coming.
http://www.quaticapparel.com/news/photo-gallery
Last edited by Dimitri M on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:26 pm

I really like that colour scheme but without bullet holes, that will teach you to kite in the Talibans lake :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tFm3LHLjYs

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Loving these two colours right now....

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:17 am

Just got back few hours ago from picking up the test gear I left last week with the SBC KITEBOARDING magazine for their gear test 2014.
These are the 4G gear I left for them to test: (RENEGADE 9 / SCREAMER 10 ltd / SCREAMER 12 / SURF 12 / REEF 6'0" surf board / DROID v2 twin tip). And because of the amount of kites from other kite companies these are the gear they were able to test for their review: (SCREAMER 12 / SURF 12 / DROID v2 twin tip).
Basically the editor of the magazine told me that once again the SCREAMER 12 is one of the best jumping and hang time kite they have tested. But the big surprise that every tester were talking about was the SURF 12 kite. The editor told me that all of the testers could not believe how fast the SURF 12 was turning. They were so impressed on how fast the kite was pivoting on its axis in not time. They had to double check if the SURF 12 was not a 9 meter kite while testing other 9 meters from other kite companies.
So in few words, I can't wait to read the review from these guys. I wish they would of tested the SCREAMER 10 LTD and the RENEGADE 9 4G also.
Attachments
GP2_0006 - Version 2.jpg
Screamer 12.jpg
GP1_1744 2.jpg

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:39 am

Hi Dimitri - a good suggestion if you are going to keep the plastic bar ends for the 5G model - how about making a 4mm neoprene cover for them, similar to what was on the Eclipse bar... a simple velcrow fix could secure it and solves the problem nicely :)
In the Ozone camp they werent too happy about their hard bar ends either..
Im surprised no ones designed an accessory end cover yet - that would fit any bar.
Creative feedback is great hey ;)
Last edited by ShaveTheWhales on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:33 pm

This is a great idea Mr.haveTheWhales. We are working on a new end mold but your idea is taken into consideration. Thank you for your help and for taking the time.
:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”