Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Forum for kitesurfers
BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Maui Kitebeach to be banned !

Postby BWD » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:14 am

geez, mr malibu, what do you take before writing that stuff??
it's amazing.... :rollgrin:

Haole_Built
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui
Crissy Field, SFO
Sherman Island, CA
Style: Strapless Surfboard
Gear: Airush Kites, Firewire Surfboard, F-One Surfboard, Airush Converse Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Haole_Built » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 am

BWD wrote:geez, mr malibu, what do you take before writing that stuff??
it's amazing.... :rollgrin:
Lunacin by Spishak Pharmaceuticals. 10% less anal leakage. :o

danglerdog
Medium Poster

Postby danglerdog » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:57 am

mR. mALIBU RAINMAN MUCH?

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:47 am

Looking at my bank account right now I know one thing - it was intensely drained on my recent Maui trip.... Didn't see anyone race in through Ka'a point anywhere near risking swimmers whole time I was there despite the mega wind shadow at the slick.

You know a quick dip between the rocks (ka'a point), at the end of the slick upwind in the windshadow.... no worries. Using your right to swim in water next to the poo station in the path of hundreds of kiteboarders when it is sooo windy, rocky, murky - delusional waste of time.

Haole_Built
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach, Maui
Crissy Field, SFO
Sherman Island, CA
Style: Strapless Surfboard
Gear: Airush Kites, Firewire Surfboard, F-One Surfboard, Airush Converse Surfboard

Postby Haole_Built » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:02 am

longwhitecloud wrote:Looking at my bank account right now I know one thing - it was intensely drained on my recent Maui trip.... Didn't see anyone race in through Ka'a point anywhere near risking swimmers whole time I was there despite the mega wind shadow at the slick.

You know a quick dip between the rocks (ka'a point), at the end of the slick upwind in the windshadow.... no worries. Using your right to swim in water next to the poo station in the path of hundreds of kiteboarders when it is sooo windy, rocky, murky - delusional waste of time.
Exactly...at any given day at Kanaha, you can hear French, Polish, German etc... in essence a thousands of people from all over the world (not to mention thousands of other from US mainland) coming to Maui to kite on the beach where the sport was born.

They spend money on flights, hotels, car rentals, gear rentals, restaurants and god knows what else, so this whole ban would be an insanity from just the financial/tourist dollars perspective alone.

All this because of one guy who insists taking his family to the beach next to a sewage treatment plant, to swim in illegally made pool and filled with extreme sports seekers; instead of any other family friendly beach this island has to offer by miles.

I hope the common sense prevails and this lunacy ends soon.

kostantin
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sahlenburg
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc
Gear: Switch, PANSH, Fisch Kiteboards

Postby kostantin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:01 am

Signed

tks

Kosta

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:10 am

SalmonSlayer wrote:Is there an email address where i can direct my opinion? i will not participate in anything related to Change.org...sorry
Hey I cannot give out the email addresses I have since they have been given to me for other reasons...
Please be respectful of DLNR and DOBOR they are nice people that try to do as much as they can with very little resources. I do not know they Maui section but on Oahu they have been very nice and cooperative.

Dept. of Land and Natural Resources
Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation
333 Queen Street, Suite 300
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813Tel: (808) 587-1967
Fax: (808) 587-1977

Maui has their own office:

Maui District Manager
101 Maalaea Boat Harbor Road
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Telephone: (808) 243-5824
Fax: (808) 243-5829

kite94
Rare Poster
Local Beach: boca grandi, fisherman's huts
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, Cabrinha Caliber XO
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby kite94 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 am

Signed! Hope we can really stop this from happening!

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !

Postby RichardM » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:44 am

CENSORSHIP IS BAD.

I can’t resist pointing out how this thread is a PERFECT example of how the supposed “benefits” of censorship can turn around and bite one on the ass.

At the urging of Maui (and other) kiters, Toby censored, by deleting, a 20+ page thread on the subject of kiters allegedly abusing and/or annoying non-kiters by various actions, including (originally) ILLEGALLY kiting through the pond.

The thread was objectionable because it CLEARLY showed that the kiters were 100% WRONG and completely unjustified in their actions with NO argument except extreme personal abuse directed against the complaining non-kiters and anyone else who pointed out the kiters’ unacceptable conduct.

NOW, I’ll bet that EVERY LAST KITER that advocated for said thread’s demise is desperately HOPING that THIS thread will help generate enough support to prevent a VASTLY MORE SERIOUS problem than not being able to kite through the pond.

Therefore, wouldn’t it be ironic IF, INSTEAD of deleting the subject thread, it had been allowed to continue such that enough pressure had been able to be brought to cause the MISCREANT kiters and their supporters to do the RIGHT THING (alter their launch/land technique and STAY OUT of the pond) and thereby prevent the situation from getting to its current stage?

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:22 am

Haole_Built wrote:
longwhitecloud wrote:Looking at my bank account right now I know one thing - it was intensely drained on my recent Maui trip.... Didn't see anyone race in through Ka'a point anywhere near risking swimmers whole time I was there despite the mega wind shadow at the slick.

Exactly...at any given day at Kanaha, you can hear French, Polish, German etc... in essence a thousands of people from all over the world (not to mention thousands of other from US mainland) coming to Maui to kite on the beach where the sport was born.

They spend money on flights, hotels, car rentals, gear rentals, restaurants and god knows what else, so this whole ban would be an insanity from just the financial/tourist dollars perspective alone.

All this because of one guy who insists taking his family to the beach next to a sewage treatment plant, to swim in illegally made pool and filled with extreme sports seekers; instead of any other family friendly beach this island has to offer by miles.

I hope the common sense prevails and this lunacy ends soon.
The problem is, the media and Fucktard Gimp are making it all about the children oh PLEASE won't someone think about the children, who just want to swim without dangerous kiters buzzing the shallows :roll:

A bit of misdirection and a good setup and it's a circus...

Return to “Kitesurfing”