Next Gen Ocean Rodeo Kites - Prodigy, Razor & Flite Updates

Forum for kitesurfers
ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Ocean Rodeo News:

Exciting news from Ocean Rodeo today! Starting later this month we will begin shipping next generation Prodigy, Razor and Flite kites.

Both the Razor and Prodigy offer striking new designs and overall product refinements in a bid to dramatically improve the user's experience and 1st impressions of our products while maintaining the incredible performance and stability you've have come to expect from our bread and butter kites.

Meanwhile, the Flite is now 30% lighter and is truly the world's first high performance light wind kite.

Demos are already available at key locations world wide and, as always we offer our 100% Guarantee. Orders are being received through our worldwide network of dealers and online through our dealer fulfilled online store.

Also, be sure to take advantage of the very limited time offers remaining on last generation Razor and Flite kites, available for order through any one of our dealers worldwide or online and include free shipping to NA and Europe!*

- 7m Razor $715 retail
- 8m Razor $759 retail
- 9m Razor $799 retail
- 10m Razor $859 retail
- 12m Razor $929 retail
- 15m Flite $1149 retail
- 17.5m Flite $1199 retail
- add bar & lines $330 retail

*free shipping available for orders shipped from NA or EU warehouse within that domestic market - NA warehouse to 48 continental states & Canada, EU warehouse to all EU member states.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Next Gen Ocean Rodeo Kites - Prodigy, Razor & Flite Upda

Postby matth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 am

That Flite looks very interesting. I have a 15m now, nice kite, works as advertised, except for low end numbers ( and thats goes for all brands that I have seen)
This new one looks likes its more of a bow and higher aspect, and supposably 30 percent lighter.
It will be nice to hear some reports on this kite in the next few months. I have yet to see a kite that does anything worthwhile in less than 12mph.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:10 pm

High performance light wind kites always sounds great!
Makes it a good Airstyle kite for sure!!!
Happy you think of us too (the 35+ gen with money!) :thumb:

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Disclaimer: I sell OR.

I've only gotten to ride the new Flite 17 a couple of times, but I was very impressed with it's lightwind capabilities. I weigh 220lbs and I can't be bothered with underpowered "light wind" kites. My favorite up until now has been the Turbine. That think pulls like a truck and and has the best light wind relaunch/ease of relaunch I've yet seen. BUT, the two short sessions I've gotten on the Flite left me very hopeful of something that pulls just as hard, but turns even faster. I'll know more when we finally get the new ones in for sale, but I for one am very excited already! :thumb:

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Any word on a new bar? I would love to see it updated!!
Last edited by matth on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Toby wrote:High performance light wind kites always sounds great! Makes it a good Airstyle kite for sure!!!
Toby, you know we'd love to have you ride our gear!
matth wrote:supposably 30 percent lighter
Matth - I fudged the numbers slightly. The new Flites are just over 28% lighter than their predecessors and like Sendit say's - they perform incredibly well.
matth wrote:Any word on a new bar? I would love to see them updated!!
In fact, coming around Christmas time will be a new above the bar trim option which includes a trim line / cleat system and not the ladder lock system previously offered.

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby OceanAdventures » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Hello Guys,

Sendit and i got to demo the new Flite. As he can tell you he is very excited, but I want to elaborate on why.

The new Flite is fast, and when I say fast I mean its one of the fastest lightwind kites I have ever flown. Compares to some styles 14 and 12m kites. Now normally when I get a fast light wind kite the low end power is not there, but that is not the case with the Flite. We had this kite back to back in about 7-10 mph of wind with the Turbine 2013. The race is very close to call, but at times I think we both agreed that the Flite might ride in slightly less wind that the Turbine.

The other thing that shocked me was the bar pressure. Coming directly from a turbine to this kite the bar pressure felt almost like nothing. I do believe there are adjustments for bar pressure on the kite (Todd I don't remember can you confirm?), but this light bar pressure and speed made the kite a lot of fun to fly.

The bar we had was an older bar for demo purposes, which was one of my only sticking points, but after talking with OR, we said that a huge plus would be an above the bar depower, and the new kites should come with this.

Us being a very light wind riding place, this is a kite that has us very excited, as we were in 2011 when the Turbines came out. We will have them to demo as soon as they arrive!

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Did they put the venturi system in? looks like maybe on Razor only.

AGK
Medium Poster

Postby AGK » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm also really interested in the new 17 Flite -- I have OR Prodigies and really like them, and this looks like a similar design. Does the 17 have a pretty good top end -- like up to around 20 if the wind comes up? (my aging Ozone Zephyr does that pretty well, and it has come in handy on downwinders when rigging down isn't an option).

Thanks for anyone's experience on this

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Been thanked: 0

Postby OceanAdventures » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:20 pm

AGK wrote:I'm also really interested in the new 17 Flite -- I have OR Prodigies and really like them, and this looks like a similar design. Does the 17 have a pretty good top end -- like up to around 20 if the wind comes up? (my aging Ozone Zephyr does that pretty well, and it has come in handy on downwinders when rigging down isn't an option).

Thanks for anyone's experience on this

When we first got to fly the prototype back in May the wind came up pretty strong, and we were able to fly the 12m Prodigy and the 17m Flite at the same time. If your a bigger rider i don't think it would be an issue.

Return to “Kitesurfing”