Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:19 am

Hello EastCC,
I had one of your customers email me today from Australia wanting to know more information about the INFINITY V3 he had the pleasure to demo this week. So I gave him my cell# and we talked for 20 minutes about the INFINITY kite and the OXYGEN light wind board and what Epic is all about. He said he was very impressed with the INFINITY V3 and had a great time in (10 to 13 knots) but was using a very small board. So make sure he gets the chance to demo the OXYGEN (135X47cm) light wind Twin Tip board. He also wanted me to know that you are doing an amazing job with the EPIC brand. So once again keep on doing what you are doing.
Great job.
:thumb:

Frenchie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Altona, Australia
Gear: HQ Matrixx 12m
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Frenchie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:21 am

The Australian customer ... is me !
I am looking to buy a light wind kite and have always been intrigued by this Infinity V3 kite.
Back luck for me, there is no local kiter here in Melbourne Victoria owning an Epic kite. Fortunately for me, there is EastCC (Nigel) from New South Wales who is affiliated to Epic kites. I contacted him and in less than 2 weeks, the kite was knocking at my door. The same afternoon, I was testing it in 12-14knots, riding a small 136x38 slingshot board and had an amazing experience. Plenty of power (I was 2/3 depowered), shooting upwind like no tomorrow and there was only another rider on a Core 15m kite in this part of the bay. For a second ever light wind kiting experience, it was awesome.
The next day, back on the water on 11-13knots. After a few adjustments with the power straps and also finding the sweet spot at the bar to get a fast and powerful response from the kite, I was off again, on the same board, crosswind.
There is no doubt that the kite feels really responsive, it's a direct feel that is very nice when coming from riding 10-12m kites.
The new bar is nice, simple, does the job well; the depower strap works well but have not tried the safety (yet) !
I am an intermediate rider, so I won't go into more technical details as I may be wrong but it is definitively a nice kite, forgiving and fun to ride for an intermediate level like mine.

Cheers !

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:54 pm

This is the INFINITY V3 light wind machine in action with an SUP 8'5" board in very very light wind conditions. You decide the wind speed.
:thumb:

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:07 pm

I believe I see a large inflate valve on the prototype Infinity in the video. :D

saltire
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby saltire » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:I believe I see a large inflate valve on the prototype Infinity in the video. :D
Hope so :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Good detective work guys :thumb:

markchatwin
Very Frequent Poster

Postby markchatwin » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Man I appreciate this video. :o I had never considered kiting an SUP board until now. Just never crossed my mind but why not? At one point between 2:20 and 2:40 it appears that the kite was losing it. Had to be at the minimum, maybe 6-8 mph. But let's say you were cruising/sightseeing at 9mph. That's impressive. I'm bringing my SUP to the next light wind session!

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Please... no numbers on the wind.

That kind of talk brings trouble. .. :advise: .. :smash: .. :crazy: .. :redangry: .. :nervous: .. :peng:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Man I appreciate this video. :o I had never considered kiting an SUP board until now. Just never crossed my mind but why not? At one point between 2:20 and 2:40 it appears that the kite was losing it. Had to be at the minimum, maybe 6-8 mph. But let's say you were cruising/sightseeing at 9mph. That's impressive. I'm bringing my SUP to the next light wind session!
markchatwin, not to forget I was wave riding towards the kite so the kite lines had no tension at all. The kite never fell in the water because once I was able to do a fast cut back on the SUP board the line got tight again. But also I have tried to go out in the same condition with the INFINITY V2 with a bigger SUP board and the kite had a harder time stay up in the air and it was not fun at all. If I was on the INFINITY V2 the kite would of end up in the water few times and in these kind of extremely light wind conditions it is almost impossible to relaunch a wet kite out of the water.

markchatwin
Very Frequent Poster

Postby markchatwin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:35 pm

So DImitri - is what you're saying that the success of that ride in the video comes down to it being a smaller SUP? Like how big?

Return to “Kitesurfing”