naish torch 2014

Forum for kitesurfers
nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

naish torch 2014

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Any review for torch 2014 i cant see any thing men ,why people don't like or ..........
Anything will be wellcome upwind ,unhook everythink will be 6+++++++++ to now
Comper with 2012- 2013 let's shake that topic dudes :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

juicerider
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pinnaroo
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Naish Tona
Has thanked: 0

Re: naish torch 2014

Postby juicerider » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:21 am

Hi
I have traded up my 2012 Torch for the 2014 a couple of months ago now. So I can compare these two years
The new bar is shorter and smaller diameter and more the size a bar should be for this type of kite. With the bar on the shorter settings with the kite on the slower turning speed I can now get my 12 to turn like a 14, and my 9 to turn like a 12 :D Perfect for wake style.
The 2012 always used to stall and fly backwards in if you landed with too much slack in the lines unhooked, The 2014 kites have never done this and they feel way more stable unhooked. Also they seem to react quicker to gusts and I tend not to have to trim kite much with the depower strap.
Upwind they are the same, the main difference is they are more stable unhooked, and smaller bar is an improvement. The pop and slack is still just as good as previous years and the loops will still spank you if you get it wrong.
Hope this helps
JR

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 am

awesome how is the relaunch come people will talk for one of the best kites up

Mike27
Frequent Poster
Gear: naish

Postby Mike27 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:10 pm

juicerider wrote:Hi
I have traded up my 2012 Torch for the 2014 a couple of months ago now. So I can compare these two years
The new bar is shorter and smaller diameter and more the size a bar should be for this type of kite. With the bar on the shorter settings with the kite on the slower turning speed I can now get my 12 to turn like a 14, and my 9 to turn like a 12 :D Perfect for wake style.
The 2012 always used to stall and fly backwards in if you landed with too much slack in the lines unhooked, The 2014 kites have never done this and they feel way more stable unhooked. Also they seem to react quicker to gusts and I tend not to have to trim kite much with the depower strap.
Upwind they are the same, the main difference is they are more stable unhooked, and smaller bar is an improvement. The pop and slack is still just as good as previous years and the loops will still spank you if you get it wrong.
Hope this helps
JR

Did you feel any difference in bar pressure, and speed of the kite ?

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Mike27 wrote:
juicerider wrote:Hi
Hope this helps
JR

Did you feel any difference in bar pressure, and speed of the kite ?

I hope they did change nothing vs 2013 in this aspect... :wink:

juicerider
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pinnaroo
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Naish Tona

Postby juicerider » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:12 am

nikolaygadzhev77 wrote:awesome how is the relaunch come people will talk for one of the best kites up
The relaunch is still pretty good although sometimes if underinflated it can be more prone to fold in half more.

Ludmil
I have not flown the 2013 torch but I recon the 2014 has the same bar feel as the 2012 :thumb:

Mike27
Frequent Poster
Gear: naish

Postby Mike27 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Other review of this great kite ?

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:24 am

Any reviews on the 2015? or other on the 2014?
I used to fly the GP, so a comparison would be nice. I fly the Park and Fly now, and don`t have the possibility to test the Torch before buying. Thinking of 14 and 11 and 9 and 7 Park along with 15 Fly.
I ride mainly freestyle, so unhooking performance is important!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:11 pm

I got 2014 torch 12m

Took em years but it doesn't backstall unhooked out of the bag anything like as easy now.
It's an easy kite to ride, loads of depower, not to bad power in the turn.
5th line inside y bridle - pain in the ass - 5th line when u are in teh shit high winds - awesome- stuck in super light winds cant relaunch - way more chance than any bow kite with the 5th as long as not being pounded by waves.

Its a good kite. i like vegas too, and switch combat (9m) if you want more grunt from the turn/more full on kite.

dont like the 24m lines too much unless marginal winds - would prefer 22m, but i just moved somewhere with less wind soo....

You are not gonna get reviews of c kites like there used to be - no one is pushing them as the cash is in easy to ride kites that mow the lawn well , depower and relaunch. There is nothing hardcore about the torch imo tho....

KL shows how it can be used, he got some kind of power boost pill... ie his arms?! - gotta see it to believe it..... yeah get one....

Return to “Kitesurfing”