Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airforce, Nice, Ocean rodeo Pads, who's got some?

Forum for kitesurfers
ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Re: Airforce, Nice, Ocean rodeo Pads, who's got some?

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 am

Hey WestOzzy - yes tried the apex when they first arrived... They look good but lack the grippy feel and dual stage compression damping that these ones have.
I rate the 'pads' only - the straps are pretty ordinary. If you pair them with the Dakine Warlock straps, youll have the best combo ever made !!

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fdvj » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:15 am

sarc wrote:I have a set of almost new Ocean Rodeo pads and straps. Will PM you.
I would like those, are they exactly the same?

fdvj
Frequent Poster

Postby fdvj » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:21 am

ShaveTheWhales wrote:Fdvj - I bought 3 sets of these for my Shinn, f-one & Nobile boards,
Awesome for landing hard from Funked up aerials & megaloops..
I tried the slingy n naish pads but they didnt cut it - just look flash...
2 weeks delivery.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/200981742164?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
I have some similar to those but the moulding isn't as good for my feet. but thanks for the heads up.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 pm

ShaveTheWhales wrote:Hey WestOzzy - yes tried the apex when they first arrived... They look good but lack the grippy feel and dual stage compression damping that these ones have.
I rate the 'pads' only - the straps are pretty ordinary. If you pair them with the Dakine Warlock straps, youll have the best combo ever made !!

Fair enough take ya word for it. I can't fault my apex pads and straps. Love em, but heard good things about those warlocks hey.

Okay another pad to look into then always can find better I suppose.

What gives me the shits is the board manufactures, especially the specific ones where that's all they produce, you think they would have the dux nuts of footstraps. Really go out to pair their boards with world class pads and straps as they make such a difference. But every board I have ever owned I have then had to buy a decent external set. Not naming any names because that serves no purpose but I demo a shit load of boards and always end up wacking my own set on after while. Just inferior, always. Maybe its to keep the cost down, don't know?

So unreal construction and designs of boards out there. Maybe spend a bit more of their r and d budget on the bloody straps and pads hey!

Anyhow tell me what's so good about these pads? Do you combine with he warlocks then ? Got a picture? Will look into them as I think pads and straps are such an important part of the board.

fdvj
Frequent Poster

Postby fdvj » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:41 pm

I have bought and sold on countless pads, for me these ones are the best yet, simple and comfy and grippy. I like to twist my stance in the straps and the new direction of pads dont allow for it. My favourite straps are the mystic ones, which again were redesigned and made worse. The airush pads from 2010 were also good but you cant find them either.
It also confuses me that manufactures dont consider how the surface of the pads grip on both feeet and boots when WET. Most feel great in the shop but when you get them out on the water It feels like someone has gone mad with silicon spray? WTF

Return to “Kitesurfing”