Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic kites and after-sales service

Forum for kitesurfers
jpkiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: NJ ( Lakes Bay, Brigantine, Tuckerton)
Favorite Beaches: Lakes Bay,NJ
Brigantine,NJ
Dock St. NJ
Florida Flats, Key West
Gear: Cabrinha kites, Epic kites, BRO-KITE POP 130X 40, HEIN custom boards, AXIS Vanguard+Nuskool, Kokotat drysuits
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic kites and after-sales service

Postby jpkiter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:35 pm

yep...I definitely agree that Dimitri + the EPIC team are awesome with customers...Heck, i just finished emailing him + Kristy about a sweatshirt ... I don"t think a day has even gone by + it's already at my door ....Yayhhhh !~~hot new EPIC hoodie to wear for the cooler Fall weather .... :thumb:

Thank u D ..+ K :D

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:16 pm

I've said it many times before both on this forum and on the beach, we have had and keep having amazing service as a supplier of Epic from all at the HQ ...time after time!

We get reply's to our emails almost immediately, stock arrives within days, usually three(trans atlantic with FedEx)
Any problems, of which there have been very very few are dealt with immediately,i.e. not waiting for months like we came to accept from the big brands.

Top job guys!

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:22 am

I agree Windsuks, they make it really easy for their dealers , leading by example with awesome service.

All my emails & questions to Dimitri & Helen are answered really quickly, not sure if Dimitri actually sleeps at all....

Kristy does a great job too, orders always shipped that day.

Thanks team
:thumb:

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:16 pm

EastCC wrote:I agree Windsuks, they make it really easy for their dealers , leading by example with awesome service.

All my emails & questions to Dimitri & Helen are answered really quickly, not sure if Dimitri actually sleeps at all....

Kristy does a great job too, orders always shipped that day.

Thanks team
:thumb:
Being not only teamrider/rep for Epic but also a very close friend to Dimitri i have spend a lot of hours with him...he is a machine .... he sleeps at the minimum time a person can get... :o

i admire that cause i do the same ..... and its not easy :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Thank you guys for sharing your epic experience with every body else. But again I am a kiter like you guys and use to be a team rider for other brands. The reason I started the EPICKITE brand was so I can share my passion of kiting with any of you by bringing you an incredible product with the best customer service. It's a lot of work and time consuming but seeing these happy faces makes us understand we are doing a great job and because of that it pushes us to do even more.
So once again thank you. :thumb:

Frenchie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Altona, Australia
Gear: HQ Matrixx 12m
Been thanked: 0

Postby Frenchie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:41 am

Here is my experience with Epic Kites, take it as it is, with absolutely no hidden agenda:

Last night, I flicked Dimitri an email to get his objective / un-biaised view on the main differences between the Fat Lady and Infinity v3.
I have seen the FL and Infinity v3 in action at the same time but with my intermediate level, could not tell the difference, especially in terms of performance.
I emailed the man as I saw in a post that Dimitri also tried the Fat Lady, and also because there is not much other literature, comparisons on kiteboarding forums. I asked him for a genuine favour in taking his Epic kites hat off and give me a honest feedback.
Surprisingly, he gave me his phone number (quicker over a phone chat) and I called him ... to realize he speaks French as fluently as I do ... how funny.

Anyways, we had a good chat and I am now clearer on the main features / differences of the 2 kites. We also talked about the level of warranty and support offered by Epic Kites and what to expect from a 'family & friends' business.
Dimitri also gave me valuable tips to make my Infinity v3 demo time as enjoyable as possible (I have next to no experience in light wind conditions).

Bottom line is really the fact that Dimitri takes the time to speak to his (potential) customers and genuinely answer questions. He shows a great deal of flexibility and is highly customer centric!
He carries many different hats: business man, customer service, technical advisor, etc.. ; so in the end, you get the full picture in 1 go!

I am also speaking with his Australian dealer - East Coast Kitesurfing - and Nigel is of the same caliber as Dimitri.

Again Dimitri, thanks for the chat today and I hope you got on time to pick up your favorite son from school !

Cheers, Fred

baboo
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby baboo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Love Epic kites and service :thumb:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Just watched the promo vid of the new epic screamer ltd. Coming to out shores very soon, looks very interesting. Gonna give it a crack.

Couple words for you though Dimitri,

High flow valve...Come on mate, you can do it I know you can!!

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:32 am

Westozzy wrote:Just watched the promo vid of the new epic screamer ltd. Coming to out shores very soon, looks very interesting. Gonna give it a crack.

Couple words for you though Dimitri,

High flow valve...Come on mate, you can do it I know you can!!
Flew a prototype Screamer 14M last year (maybe year and a half) with a large capacity screw on valve on it.
Dimitri is not convinced yet that they are better.
When he finds one that really works well for him, with the amount of kiting he does, he will put one on, but he has not found something he wants to commit to yet.
That's what he told me when I flew the S14 proto.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:25 am

Good point Westozzy about the "High Flow Valve". I have been testing these on all my prototypes for 2 years now to see their performance. In few words I am not very happy with them, especially in places where you have very thin sand and lots of wind. You get more problems with these valves compare to the simple ones. So once again I am doing my best but I have to be happy with the end result, and so far I am not.
So far I have tested 6 different "High Flow Valves" from different kite companies and all of them gave me problems after a certain period. Bellow is a picture of one of these valves.
Attachments
IMG_0941 1.jpg
IMG_1193 2.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”