All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big Inflation Valve
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:26 pm 
Frequent Poster

Dimitri,

You do not need any adaptor to connect to this valve so the point 1 is irrelevant. As long as you have a pump with a hose you can inflate it. And I don't think the point 2 is a good one, you should make a survey about that but less is better so if you have one great valve that can inflate/deflate you should not keep an other one that will never be used and is a source of eventual problem. That is just my personal opinion, try to do a survey about the need for the second old type valve.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:44 pm 
Frequent Poster

Seb- where can u buy this valve that doesnt require the pump attachment? Assuming itll fit my standard boston valve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:28 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Ps I have never had an ozone hose pop out, nor the other 5 riders I have ridden with over the past three years. That's a lot of pumps....with no hose pop out!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:42 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Thank you for your input Séb, but I have seen few other kites that have only the BIG VALVE blow out on the LE because the air could not escape after a big impact of the on the water due to the high pressure inside the Leading Edge. Plus I personally think having an extra valve especially the "inflate" valve is very important in case something happens on the beach. For example few weeks ago I forgot my pump and decided to borrow some one else pump on the beach. But the pump I used had the universal nozzle attached to the pump and that nozzle was stuck to the pump and I could not remove it for the life of me in order to use my Big valve. So I decided to use the old "Inflate" valve that I have on my prototype INFINITY V3 kite.
So again there is a reason why I want to use 2 types of "Inflate" valves.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:44 am 
Medium Poster

Has anyone tried replacing the regular dump valve of their kite with a valve like this? http://www.airtimekite.com/index.php/ai ... t-gen.html

I wonder if I can upgrade my Slingshot/Airush/OR kites with this valve, since I really hate the small inflation valves.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:52 am 
Frequent Poster

darippah wrote:
Seb- where can u buy this valve that doesnt require the pump attachment? Assuming itll fit my standard boston valve

This is the Cabrinha valve 2013/14 and you can buy it from few places like :

http://www.windwizards.com/caairlovaas.html
http://www.fcwatersports.co.uk/kitesurf ... -2013.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:53 am 
Frequent Poster

austroKiter wrote:
Has anyone tried replacing the regular dump valve of their kite with a valve like this? http://www.airtimekite.com/index.php/ai ... t-gen.html

I wonder if I can upgrade my Slingshot/Airush/OR kites with this valve, since I really hate the small inflation valves.

Yes ! It worked great. I cut a larger hole and simply replaced the valve. the "backup" reinforcements were still intact, but since I was sending my kite in to windfire designs for a LE repair, I figured I'd have him reinforce it just to be safe ($50-60)..

Works amazing! couldnt be happier (this is for my 17m!)

I guess I could have left it as is and invested that $$ towards an electric pump

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey Dimitri while we are at it, have you ever considered moving to a cleat trim instead of the old depower strap?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:16 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Séb wrote:
darippah wrote:

This is the Cabrinha valve 2013/14 and you can buy it from few places like :

http://www.windwizards.com/caairlovaas.html
http://www.fcwatersports.co.uk/kitesurf ... -2013.html

No risk of damage to the kite, without a nice cover like the new Cab's have?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:19 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
Hey Dimitri while we are at it, have you ever considered moving to a cleat trim instead of the old depower strap?

Yes Westozzy I have had few prototypes with the "Cleat Trim" instead of the "Depower Strap" and I have had better results with the "Depower Strap" because it flows better and its easier to adjust compare to the "Cleat Trim" , but on the other hand the "Cleat Trim" is more robust then the "Depower Strap".
So I think it all depends to what people are use to when it comes to this type of trimming the kite.

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next