Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

forum for kitesurfers


Durao
Rare Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fuel x torch
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby Durao » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm

It is true too LUDMIL..

As I can see the majority is adept to the 5 th line... Yes, light wind conditions torch does not work good, and in addition to it the model of 2011 and 2012 are having to satay awake to keep his front line stretched, otherwise it will fall back.

Another thing is that, with the 5th line, it is much easier to cut up the kite when you trying to relaunch in wave conditions..

good wind at all

Durao
Rare Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fuel x torch
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby Durao » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:51 am

Thanks Guys!

Fuel is just awesome!

The relaunch is easy and the bar pressure is just what you need.
It is right that in gust conditions, it is not so suitable for the situation, however it is a lot's of fun to ride ir.

I can not understand how people can ride it in a wake style... It is not its purpose, and it so fast in freestyle mode...

Sorry TOrch... I stay with Fuel!

DirkGently
Medium Poster
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 am
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby DirkGently » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:19 am

As long as they are both pumped up HARD, they are going to relaunch when out in the proper wind range.

I have flown most modern c kites, 5th line (hadlow, torch, airush, hifix, vegas, gp) and not (hadlow, fuel, team c) and even if they dont have a 5th you can use the OPPOSITE CENTER LINE to perform much the same function as a 5th line by rolling the kite to position the high wingtip even higher.

That said the Vegas and Torch are both shit in my books owing to their HIGH CENTERLINE SPLIT.... eliminates the possibility of recovering from a weird roll and makes the chances of BRIDLE-LIKE WEIRDNESS occuring much higher.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:28 pm

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby JGTR » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:54 am

DirkGently wrote:As long as they are both pumped up HARD, they are going to relaunch when out in the proper wind range.

I have flown most modern c kites, 5th line (hadlow, torch, airush, hifix, vegas, gp) and not (hadlow, fuel, team c) and even if they dont have a 5th you can use the OPPOSITE CENTER LINE to perform much the same function as a 5th line by rolling the kite to position the high wingtip even higher.

That said the Vegas and Torch are both shit in my books owing to their HIGH CENTERLINE SPLIT.... eliminates the possibility of recovering from a weird roll and makes the chances of BRIDLE-LIKE WEIRDNESS occuring much higher.


I can always recover mine from a "weird" roll, maybe you need more practice as it is something that requires technique :thumb:
Low split makes it harder IMO as single centre line will wrap a lot tighter around the kite should it roll.

DirkGently
Medium Poster
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 am
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby DirkGently » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:57 am

I meant 'recover from a weird roll' as in UNFUCKULATE the lines completely so you can keep shredding. Not get the kite back in the sky flying so you can go back to the beach and land and fix it.

I kite often in a flatwater spot that requires a long broad reach to get to, and with a LOW SPLIT, after rolling the kite inside-over and crossing my lines up, I can unleash, unhook and pass the bar through the split to fix the entire situation. If I'm flying a kite with a high split, I can get the kite flying but its session over and time to limp back home.

technique. bitch please :rollgrin:

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:28 pm

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby JGTR » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:34 am

DirkGently wrote:I meant 'recover from a weird roll' as in UNFUCKULATE the lines completely so you can keep shredding. Not get the kite back in the sky flying so you can go back to the beach and land and fix it.

I kite often in a flatwater spot that requires a long broad reach to get to, and with a LOW SPLIT, after rolling the kite inside-over and crossing my lines up, I can unleash, unhook and pass the bar through the split to fix the entire situation. If I'm flying a kite with a high split, I can get the kite flying but its session over and time to limp back home.

technique. bitch please :rollgrin:



Oh I see now must be shit kites because you say so :thumb:
Wow I sell my Torches now, what are the best kites to "shred" on O greatness :?:

Durao
Rare Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fuel x torch
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby Durao » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:01 pm

JGTR wrote:
DirkGently wrote:I meant 'recover from a weird roll' as in UNFUCKULATE the lines completely so you can keep shredding. Not get the kite back in the sky flying so you can go back to the beach and land and fix it.

I kite often in a flatwater spot that requires a long broad reach to get to, and with a LOW SPLIT, after rolling the kite inside-over and crossing my lines up, I can unleash, unhook and pass the bar through the split to fix the entire situation. If I'm flying a kite with a high split, I can get the kite flying but its session over and time to limp back home.

technique. bitch please :rollgrin:



Oh I see now must be shit kites because you say so :thumb:
Wow I sell my Torches now, what are the best kites to "shred" on O greatness :?:


The best one to you, is that one that make you feel better... each one is defend you choice, what is normal! That is why I can say, I had many troble with a Torch 2011, it was easy to stall e fall back..
I just want to say that you will not find it on Fuel! The valve form Torch, once start to need to be fix, every like month, I had to fix it... I am sorry for the Torch lovers, but it is my opninon!
That is much diferente from Park, that is a bitch kite.

But Fuel is just a C kite, with all the facilities as a Bow kite... the depower is not so good, right, but I do not mind, I got my board to break... People saying that the bar pressure is to high, but I do not mind as well, I do not want a realy soft bar presure.... a realy soft bar presure I give to my wife lol ...
anyway.. ride what you feel good!

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:28 pm

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby JGTR » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Durao wrote:
JGTR wrote:
DirkGently wrote:I meant 'recover from a weird roll' as in UNFUCKULATE the lines completely so you can keep shredding. Not get the kite back in the sky flying so you can go back to the beach and land and fix it.

I kite often in a flatwater spot that requires a long broad reach to get to, and with a LOW SPLIT, after rolling the kite inside-over and crossing my lines up, I can unleash, unhook and pass the bar through the split to fix the entire situation. If I'm flying a kite with a high split, I can get the kite flying but its session over and time to limp back home.

technique. bitch please :rollgrin:



Oh I see now must be shit kites because you say so :thumb:
Wow I sell my Torches now, what are the best kites to "shred" on O greatness :?:


The best one to you, is that one that make you feel better... each one is defend you choice, what is normal! That is why I can say, I had many troble with a Torch 2011, it was easy to stall e fall back..
I just want to say that you will not find it on Fuel! The valve form Torch, once start to need to be fix, every like month, I had to fix it... I am sorry for the Torch lovers, but it is my opninon!
That is much diferente from Park, that is a bitch kite.

But Fuel is just a C kite, with all the facilities as a Bow kite... the depower is not so good, right, but I do not mind, I got my board to break... People saying that the bar pressure is to high, but I do not mind as well, I do not want a realy soft bar presure.... a realy soft bar presure I give to my wife lol ...
anyway.. ride what you feel good!



Ah no wonder, the 2011 Torch was a dog, prone to back stall and unstability.
Valve wise I'm still flying 2006 Torch no issues, although in the UK we don't have the heat that damages valves.

What is a bitch kite - good or bad????

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3889
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby edt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:20 pm

fly what you like, torch vegas fuel best they are all excellent kites. Just be glad we have so many C kites to choose from, 2 years ago it looked like they were going the way of the dodo, but now the C kite lineup is as strong as ever plenty to choose from.

Durao
Rare Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fuel x torch
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What´s has the better relaunch.... Fuel x Torch?

Postby Durao » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:11 am

Park is a realy good Kite, it is a general kite! It is nice to ride waves, as it is good to get maneuvers done properly...

it is a complete kite!


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sabraxas, Slappysan, tautologies, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests