Waquoit bay, Cape Cod
Cape Hatteras, NC
Style: freeride
Gear: Epic, Cabrinha, Kiteaid
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Potential safety issue with Epic Renegade kites

Postby stephk » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Why is this thread even have "SAFETY ISSUE" in it? Sounds like it was started by someone who was whining about a warranty claim and didn't get a free kite out of it. :argue:
The amount of times I have had to fix bladder related leaks, valve leaks and pin holes on all types of brands is incredible. If bladder issues were a safety issue, I should be dead by now!

Bladders are sensitive because they have to be light. Having a bladder not properly installed is obvious to see the first time you inflate a kite. That it happened 11 months down the road? I don't think so...
Anyhow, looks like alexeyga just burnt his bridges with Epic and most probably other kite brands that are present on this forum. Believe me, all brands monitor forums. You may think of creating a new username next time you make a claim for your other kites that you have. You will have better luck! :D

Also, bad publicity is good publicity. It gets people talking about your brand and helps get exposure as long as it is handled properly like Dimitri has done. So Dimitri, you should actually be thanking Mr. alexeyga for bringing you more brand awareness! :thumb:

Happy kiting!
From a happy Epic kite owner!

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:20 pm

stephk wrote:Also, bad publicity is good publicity!
If that was the case then Epic would be the largest brand in the world :wink:

I know SuperEz is itching to get more involved in this discussion but cant because Tony has (probably) told him he isnt allowed to participate in any more Anti-Epic Threads :D

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:31 pm

UKSurf wrote:
stephk wrote:Also, bad publicity is good publicity!
If that was the case then Epic would be the largest brand in the world :wink:
They aren't that far off, after all Epic already is better than anybody else:
Dimitri M wrote:I am not interested in saving money by taking short cuts like most companies do when it comes to quality. I want the best of the best. I am interested in bringing the best quality to the customers.
stephk wrote:Why is this thread even have "SAFETY ISSUE" in it?
It is a safety issues because I can't count on my kite made by a company which is interested in nothing but bringing the best quality to the customers.

Steph, is one KiteAid bladder&valve repair kit enough to make a permanent repair in this particular case? http://www.kiteaid.com/bladder-valve-repair-kit

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Actually UKSurf, I will be spending some time with SupaEZ next week in Cocoa Beach Florida (USA) for some EPIC demos but it all depends of the wind. I might even stay with him and his lovely wife, if I can't find a place to stay.
:thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:16 pm

stephk wrote:Hi, I own a kite related business also.
I've had some customers complain that they received the wrong product due to QC and want us to send them a new item for free.
As soon as I ask for a picture so that I can record the issue and make sure it does not happen again, the customer refuses and rarely replies to my email...
Funny how that happens.
I am not posting this to discredit anyone...
but in the end, everyone pays for fraud!
Found the above in the Infinity V3 thread...
posted as a reply to the last Granny video.
Last edited by L0KI on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:24 pm

UKSurf wrote:
I know SuperEz is itching to get more involved in this discussion but cant because Tony has (probably) told him he isnt allowed to participate in any more Anti-Epic Threads :D
That's right Toby's twin Tony suggested to SupraEZ to accentuate the positive....
...time will tell if the bladder blabber OP can take it to 100 pages so we can all see it get locked

:happybirthday: :lol: :cheers: :beer: :cash: :bravo: :pump: :party1: :peace: :surf: :sun: :welcome:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:47 pm

stephk wrote:Why is this thread even have "SAFETY ISSUE" in it? Sounds like it was started by someone who was whining about a warranty claim and didn't get a free kite out of it. :argue:
The amount of times I have had to fix bladder related leaks, valve leaks and pin holes on all types of brands is incredible. If bladder issues were a safety issue, I should be dead by now!

Bladders are sensitive because they have to be light. Having a bladder not properly installed is obvious to see the first time you inflate a kite. That it happened 11 months down the road? I don't think so...
Flawed designs could make that happen delayed.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Alexeyga - dude what the f*** is wrong with you, thats not a safety or waranty issue and your poor behavior is making you sound like a whinging bitch !!!
Last year I bought a new 7m Renegade that on pumping up, hade a hole side to side in a strut - obviously from the factory..
The 'Elemental Guys' refused to get me a replacement kite and said it was not their problem.
I emailed what happened to Dimitri with a pic and he replied almost instantly - saying i will have a replacement kite under warranty 'yes Alex that read REAL warranty'
on my doorstep in Australia via FedX post in 4 days !!
Thats awesome customer services for you.
And I dont mind having to pay full retail plus international postage when your being looked after that well...
Thanks Dimitri, keep up the good work.
Alex bro - stop playing on your Pc for awhile, go kiting and get the love back, myself and the rest of us know you dont enjoy it anymore...

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:30 pm

That was 'Elementatl Kiteboarding Australia' Guys. Above...

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Taut - stopping wanking on here unless you can back up your comment with hard facts !!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”