Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to solve problems the Hawaiian way...

Forum for kitesurfers
dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: How to solve problems the Hawaiian way...

Postby dyyylan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:28 am

Flyfish wrote: 3. Mark my words, this shit will creep into our sport. Don't let it.
I don't know. At least around here, kitesurfing attracts a completely different crowd where everyone is just out to have fun. Even sponsored riders have no problems kicking it with the kooks and giving newbies launches. We REGULARLY get called kooks, loverboy, etc by surfers, however. Even if you're not close to them, even if you pass them one time and don't even "steal" "their" wave. I think it's just a totally different group of people. Most of the better surfers here seem like arrogant douchebags, kiters are the opposite

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby JGTR » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:20 am

Is Kainoa Hawaiian for RSHOLE??

Really surprised you think this is ok Toby?

Oh wait a minute Kainoa must be some top elitist surfer......oh that's ok then :thumb:
Last edited by JGTR on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

balugh
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hunstanton, Brancaster, and other beaches in Norfolk
Favorite Beaches: ...I need to travel more...:-(
Style: Free ride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15M
North Rebel 11M
North Rebel 8m
Ozone Light 7m
Spleene Session 140
SuperShinn 135
Brand Affiliation: www.kite-eze.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby balugh » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:05 am

dyyylan wrote:
Flyfish wrote: 3. Mark my words, this shit will creep into our sport. Don't let it.
I don't know. At least around here, kitesurfing attracts a completely different crowd where everyone is just out to have fun. Even sponsored riders have no problems kicking it with the kooks and giving newbies launches. We REGULARLY get called kooks, loverboy, etc by surfers, however. Even if you're not close to them, even if you pass them one time and don't even "steal" "their" wave. I think it's just a totally different group of people. Most of the better surfers here seem like arrogant douchebags, kiters are the opposite
I think we have our share of crankcases but kiting is, I think, more accessible than surfing so the community is broader as well as the attitudes. Also, in my experience everyone needs help at some point in time when they're kiting so their is a culture of helping and looking out for others... Yes....there are exceptions....but I think it is more true in kiting than in other sports I've done. Surfers don't, in general look like a helpful bunch...or at least not at the big spots. In kiting even guys like Ruben don't want to land their kites alone in a 40kt breeze. Also...there's a lot less sitting around posing time in kiting than in surfing. Image conscious twits taking control of a situation is often a recipe for stupidity.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:45 pm

well said
:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”