Medium Poster
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New bar for my 13 Cloud.

Postby diogovilla » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi,

A few months ago I was asking opinions on the Cloud on this forum. I am from Brazil and had to buy it without trying, because no one had it in my area (or maybe even in my country). I am super happy. Considering the things I like and dislike about the Cloud, it has proven itself a great purchase. I used to ride a 14 and 10 Switchblades, and I was always praying for stronger winds so I could ride the 10 instead of the 14. Now I replaced my 14 SB with the 13 Cloud and I am having as much fun and comfort with the 13 Cloud (or maybe even more) as I have with my 10 SB. That was a game changer to me.

But this is not the reason for this post. So far, I've been using my old Cabrinha's bar with the Cloud (with standard 24m lines). Now I am considering buying a new bar for my 13 Cloud (and for the next Cloud i'm gonna buy). I'm looking for suggestions. Maybe an adjustable bar would be great. What about lines length, what would you suggest for the Cloud?Anyone?

Thanks,
Diogo

redman333
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Wilmington, NC USA
Style: unknown yet
Gear: Looking to pick some up

Re: New bar for my 13 Cloud.

Postby redman333 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:42 pm

All i know is they lines should be equal length. When i talked to them they said my liquid force CPR bar would be good to use. I have no actual experience though.

diogovilla
Medium Poster

Postby diogovilla » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:49 pm

redman333 wrote:All i know is they lines should be equal length. When i talked to them they said my liquid force CPR bar would be good to use. I have no actual experience though.
I Know they should be equal length. But how long should they be? My first impulse would be to buy a new Cabrinha bar (which i am used to), but maybe I could benefit from using shorter lines. Has anyone tried the Cloud with different lines length?

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Dude all kites respond in the same way when increasing or dereasing line lengths.., just get a set of 20s with 5m extensions, it will increase top and bottom end - problem solved !!

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Err - make that 7m extensions then youll with your old bar youll have 3 options to choose from for conditions...

Bill C
Frequent Poster

Postby Bill C » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Dio, I am going to buy a Cloud for my light wind kite unless there is a significant drawback. Never have flown one, but like what I have read so far. You mentioned likes and dislikes. What is there not to like?

I'm OK with securing it when on the beach and the trailing edge being influenced by current.

Thanks.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:45 pm

It would depend a bit on what size of Cloud you intended buying.

On this German forum one of the contributors seems to reckon that 27m lines are optimum for very light winds with the 17m.
I've read that a 55 cm bar is about right for the 17m.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 6bih%3D696

This is him flying it with 27m lines.

diogovilla
Medium Poster

Postby diogovilla » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Bill C wrote: You mentioned likes and dislikes. What is there not to like?
Ok. First of all, you must know you are reading from a rider which has just bought his 13 Cloud and has ridden it 6 times.

CONS (in order of relevance):

1) Sandbag: I don't like handling a sandbag to secure the kite on the beach. Because of this, the self-landing method I was used to now is less effective.

2) Luffing/Vibration: This is NOT a real issue to me. But yes, if I could, I would just remove it.

PROS (in order of relevance):

1) The kite fells smaller than it is.

2) The "sweet spot" is closer to the bar: That means I can keep my hands closer to my body, which is great for my neck and back pain.

3) Folding: I love folding the Cloud. It takes me half the time and the kite occupies a lot less space.

4) Price: After riding the Cloud, I refuse to pay like US$2.000,00 on a kite (even if it comes with a bar)

Bill C
Frequent Poster

Postby Bill C » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks Dio!

dblass
Rare Poster

Postby dblass » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Diogo, i am from Brasil to. Did you buy your Cloud from Brasil?

If so, did you order directly from boardridingmaui, how long it took to arrive and what was the tax in Brasil? Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Return to “Kitesurfing”