Reo v4 4
Hydrofoil Enata with custom board
Custom wave board 5.1
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cant on front fins

Postby Jojo1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Question is what cant on front fins are used for best control and speed on new race board like North LTD 2013?
I use Tectonics t43k,front 42 with deg. cant and 38 rear.My weight is 78 kg.
Compared to my friends board that runs no cant front standard slalom windsurfing fins i feel less control on my .The fact is that he is more experienced and faster,but when i step on his board i have to work a lot les with legs than on my board.

What cant uses top guys on world tour or in China past days?
Any advice and sugestion welcome

zmax
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shores
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone R1v2 or R1v3
MikesLab B3
Custom race board.

Re: Cant on front fins

Postby zmax » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm no expert, but from my experience riding race boards 2 -3 deg cant on front fins works well. Anything more than that gives you a little too much lift. A friend of mine rode the 2013 north board with Rista fins 2deg cant and said that it was fast. Foot strap placement can make a big change in how the board rides. I'd suggest playing around with the location of the back rail footstrap position.
Good luck.

Jojo1
Medium Poster
Style: Hydrofoil & wave riding
Gear: Paraavis gvx 2 18.5
Reo v4 9
Reo v4 6
Reo v4 4
Hydrofoil Enata with custom board
Custom wave board 5.1

Postby Jojo1 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Zmax,thanx for reply and sugestions.
I come from 13 years of Formula windsurf Racing and from experience i know that people dont like to share subtle and important infos.
Now im on kite racing equipment for one year,and i know that wery litle changes (like on windsurfing)in setings can make a big diference.
I understand that i will have to by 2-3 sets of fins and start to repot fins by my self if i want to make some decent progres in speed and upwind.
Thats all part of the game :)

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Yo Jojo.
I have sold my raceboard and bought a foildboard. If you are interested in som cheap t43 I still have some left. 40,5 front with 2 degrees cant and both 38 and 39 back fins. (This was my hard wind set-up). Send a pm if interested.
And yes you are right. Small changes make a big output. Just 4 mm in fin lengt makes a big matter. Just one footstrap hole closer to the edge and you fly upwind and so on...

Return to “Kitesurfing”