diogovilla
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New bar for my 13 Cloud.

Postby diogovilla » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:59 pm

dblass wrote:Hi Diogo, i am from Brasil to. Did you buy your Cloud from Brasil?

If so, did you order directly from boardridingmaui, how long it took to arrive and what was the tax in Brasil? Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Oi Daniel,

Eu aproveitei que meu pai estava em Orlando e pedi pra ele trazer para mim. Demorou cerca de uma semana para chegar lá. Eu conheço um pessoal que traz mercadoria de Miami e cobra por quilo. Se você quiser mais informações, me manda seu telefone por email.

um abraço,
Diogo

dblass
Rare Poster

Postby dblass » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:38 am

diogovilla wrote: Oi Daniel,

Eu aproveitei que meu pai estava em Orlando e pedi pra ele trazer para mim. Demorou cerca de uma semana para chegar lá. Eu conheço um pessoal que traz mercadoria de Miami e cobra por quilo. Se você quiser mais informações, me manda seu telefone por email.

um abraço,
Diogo
Valeu Diogo, meu filho está indo em fevereiro. A informação foi util de qualquer forma. Obrigado!

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:52 pm

I would have to say after watching that video (and it seems to repeat after the first 7 minutes), I would NEVER buy that. Now, maybe that guy has no idea what he's doing, but the fact that it seems to oversheet and stall so easily isn't good. All that collapsing on itself while trying to relaunch is a dealbreaker. Maybe it's the best thing since sliced bread, but that video DEFINITELY doesn't support that. IMO.

diogovilla
Medium Poster

Postby diogovilla » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:47 pm

SENDIT! wrote:I would have to say after watching that video (and it seems to repeat after the first 7 minutes), I would NEVER buy that. Now, maybe that guy has no idea what he's doing, but the fact that it seems to oversheet and stall so easily isn't good. All that collapsing on itself while trying to relaunch is a dealbreaker. Maybe it's the best thing since sliced bread, but that video DEFINITELY doesn't support that. IMO.
I agree with SENDIT. The video definitely doesn't show the Cloud's low wind potential.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:10 pm

diogovilla wrote:Hi,

A few months ago I was asking opinions on the Cloud on this forum. I am from Brazil and had to buy it without trying, because no one had it in my area (or maybe even in my country). I am super happy. Considering the things I like and dislike about the Cloud, it has proven itself a great purchase. I used to ride a 14 and 10 Switchblades, and I was always praying for stronger winds so I could ride the 10 instead of the 14. Now I replaced my 14 SB with the 13 Cloud and I am having as much fun and comfort with the 13 Cloud (or maybe even more) as I have with my 10 SB. That was a game changer to me.

But this is not the reason for this post. So far, I've been using my old Cabrinha's bar with the Cloud (with standard 24m lines). Now I am considering buying a new bar for my 13 Cloud (and for the next Cloud i'm gonna buy). I'm looking for suggestions. Maybe an adjustable bar would be great. What about lines length, what would you suggest for the Cloud?Anyone?

Thanks,
Diogo
Try thisone, it is a good bar and lines and the price is right, l do recommend the V2 controller bar as it has different flagout possibilities!
http://switchkites.com/controller2.html

Cheers
Dude :cool2:

dlprince69
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Beach, FL Delray beach, FL
Style: Foil, Wave, Air
Gear: Cabrina SB 8, 12, 16, Cloud 17, Crazy Fly LW 155x45, North Jamie 139x39, Lift Foil, Sector 60, Alex A CR69LE

Postby dlprince69 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:18 pm

SENDIT!

The wind speed looks to be really low, maybe 4 mph. The fact that the cloud is able to fly, reverse launch, relaunch is remarkable. Most other kites would just sit in the water. I agree that no one would be able to ride is such light wind.

diogovilla
Medium Poster

Postby diogovilla » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:37 pm

naishdude wrote: Try thisone, it is a good bar and lines and the price is right, l do recommend the V2 controller bar as it has different flagout possibilities!
http://switchkites.com/controller2.html

Cheers
Dude :cool2:
Thanks! This bar looks great to me.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 pm

SENDIT! wrote:I would have to say after watching that video (and it seems to repeat after the first 7 minutes), I would NEVER buy that. Now, maybe that guy has no idea what he's doing, but the fact that it seems to oversheet and stall so easily isn't good. All that collapsing on itself while trying to relaunch is a dealbreaker. Maybe it's the best thing since sliced bread, but that video DEFINITELY doesn't support that. IMO.
The guy is an expert at relaunch and is deliberately crashing the kite to experiment with relaunching in very light wind. He said it was difficult to get it out of the sky.
I did think the kite looked a bit underinflated but the owner said not.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:50 am

Yeah that video shows someone trying to make a point of ultra light wind relaunch. The fact that the kite flies at all is unreal.

The kite feels a bit different than my other kites, but I assure you they perform well.
8 is a great wave kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”