Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ram airs cRaSh in 2013 - the final death knell?

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Ram airs cRaSh in 2013 - the final death knell?

Postby Pump me up » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 am

Well it's that time of year again; time to reflect on the FAILURE of ram airs in 2013.

Interestingly, 2013 may be the final DEATH knell for ram airs. Not only did ram airs cRAsH in sales, relative performance, and competition results, the world’s biggest ram air APOLOGISTS, Flysurfer, finally capitulated. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2380956&start=60

It's interesting to note that NO ram airs..... no NOT ONE.... feature anywhere near the top of PKRA rankings in ANY discipline. www.pkra.info Yes, it's true: Ram airs crashed in Freestyle, Wave, and Speed results.

In addition, Sebastian Bubman and Gunnar Biniasch, the great Ram Air Hopes, both defected to INFLATABLES. Note to the Bubmeister: You should’ve taken my advice 6 years ago and traded-in your flying sleeping bags for inflatables - you could’ve saved your career.

In light of the capitulation of FLYSURFER this year, it is worthwhile revisiting some of the ridiculous claims made in the past by Flysurfer and its representatives: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2362238 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11619 As indicated at the time, the claims by Flysurfer and Ted Bautista were LIES. The passage of time has proven this.

Ram airs simply can't compete with inflatables because.... they ARE aerodynamically inferior.

If anyone would like a detailed analysis of ram airs vs inflatables, please just say the word.

:pump: --------------------------- Pumpy :bye:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ram airs cRaSh in 2013 - the final death knell?

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:40 am

Pump me up wrote:
If anyone would like a detailed analysis of ram airs vs inflatables, please just say the word.
wOrD .........kNeLL.....:wink: .................................. does RiNg a bELL

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pj sofine » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:18 am

Ram air?? Not familiar with that term. Could you lay it out for me and others? Am I missing out on some options that can raise the level of my kiting?

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:41 am

Pump me up wrote:It's interesting to note that NO ram airs..... no NOT ONE.... feature anywhere near the top of PKRA rankings in ANY discipline. www.pkra.info Yes, it's true: Ram airs crashed in Freestyle, Wave, and Speed results.
Hey idiot, you have your facts seriously wrong...

"After a 1st place in the PKRA in Germany and another 1st place in the PKRA in Turkey followed by a 2nd place place in the PKRA in China, Christine was able to win the overall PKRA Slalom Tour Ranking through her consistency and become 1st overall, making her World Champion 2013!"

SHE ACCOMPLISHED ALL OF THIS ON A SPEED 3!!!

Since your creditability is completely shot, you can now leave this forum permanently. Nothing you have to say is factual, positive, or constructive in any manor, so please just f'ing leave!
Last edited by Da Yoda on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:54 am

PMU, it is funny how we are about up to the 4th generation of the Speed model and you still want to claim they are no good.

You keep talking, and they keep selling, and you keep losing sales to them.

It is painful to watch you keep trying to hurt Flysurfer and you are such a miserable and boring failure at it. Even after devoting every post you have ever made to this one goal. You really should should stop doing this to yourself.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:18 am

Who needs soap operas? lol

How many riders entered all women's slalom events for 2013?

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:22 am

i don't care of the pkra or any other kite related associations rankings, but looking at the kites people using on spots i ride, i can say that original poster is very much right.
i know may be half a dozen of riders who have foils but they use them at winter on snow if at all

Babel
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Babel » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:33 am

Pump me up is actually a flysurfer employee, who goes by "there is no such thing as bad publicity". Where would you get more publicity as by flaming stuff ;)

However, please don't tell LIES about your own employer regarding the PKRA:

http://tinyurl.com/nh2dzhq

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Da Yoda wrote:Hey idiot, you have your facts seriously wrong...

"After a 1st place in the PKRA in Germany and another 1st place in the PKRA in Turkey followed by a 2nd place place in the PKRA in China, Christine was able to win the overall PKRA Slalom Tour Ranking through her consistency and become 1st overall, making her World Champion 2013!"

SHE ACCOMPLISHED ALL OF THIS ON A SPEED 3!!!

Since your creditability is completely shot, you can now leave this forum permanently. Nothing you have to say is factual, positive, or constructive in any manor, so please just f'ing leave!
I saw that, and thought "Must be about time for Pump-a-rump to show his face..." :lol:

Ol' Faithful got nothing on the Pumpmeister!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Funny how you ignore the Slalom world champ from FS!

And foils are awesome on snow an land (worlds best Landkiter are on FS).
And FS have awesome lift an hangtime. Great Airstyle kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”