Maintaining Kiteboarding Access ...

Forum for kitesurfers
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:03 pm

I have received inquiries from individuals from many areas in the last week with concerns primarily dealing with ways to try to maintain local kiteboarding access. The emails have come from the east coast of the US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the UK. There have been many others in the past but things seem to be accelerating.

Access issues are heating up in many areas, this is becoming more apparent. Concerned, responsible riders are deciding to try to work to preserve their ability to kiteboard despite pressures that may be dragging things in the opposite direction.

I have reactivated an email list that was created about a year ago to aid and promote association formation located at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KSAG1/.

I still encourage private emails to be sent with confidential questions, trial balloons, etc. to flkitesurfer@hotmail.com. However I think that many of the other concerned riders trying to organize could benefit from these discussions.

This said, I invite individuals throughout the World that are considering:

organizing local riders, a club or an association, securing launch privileges, putting up signs, or are already fighting a rear guard action against restrictions, irresponsible riding practices, a deluge of well meaning but clueless newbies or actual restrictions, etc. ...

to please join this email group. Together hopefully we will be able to do some good.

The AKA Kiteboarding Committee will also participate in this list.

Return to “Kitesurfing”