Jay new products available April 2014

Forum for kitesurfers
Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jay new products available April 2014

Postby Starsky » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:42 am

jaystore wrote: Please note that harder you make the pulley (delrin+graphite) and faster you destroy the dyneema rope; the problem is not solved but moved to another part. Nevertheless we are trying to improve the pulley system.
I'd rather wear on the easily replaceable bit of rope than the custom roller portion of the hook.

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY

Postby jaystore » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:11 am

Ayahuasca wrote:Can you post more pictures of the pivoting hook slider bar? I am interested in getting one once they become available.

How is the pivoting hook attached?
Please check this video
We published many videos explaining how DYNABAR works

:thumb:

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY

Postby jaystore » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:20 am

Starsky wrote:
jaystore wrote: Please note that harder you make the pulley (delrin+graphite) and faster you destroy the dyneema rope; the problem is not solved but moved to another part. Nevertheless we are trying to improve the pulley system.
I'd rather wear on the easily replaceable bit of rope than the custom roller portion of the hook.
The dyneema slider for V7 and V8 is specially made, it's a 4mm dyneema spliced to have about 6mm diameter with small loop for the release system. It's not impossible to make but you should buy a spicing needle.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:11 pm

jaystore wrote:The main issue is that not always turns but slides, it's due to low angle made by the dyneema and worst by steel sliders.
The main issue with pulley is sand. We wanted to use pulleys with steel balls but they work fine for a while.
Another option we are testing is a stainless steel pulley with central part in delrin for easy rotation.
Please note that harder you make the pulley (delrin+graphite) and faster you destroy the dyneema rope; the problem is not solved but moved to another part. Nevertheless we are trying to improve the pulley system.
I don't use the dyneema, I use the wave bar with my Jay and my GF uses the freeride bar :)

TPink
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby TPink » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:16 am

You should try one of these ferrules, gaining wide popularity in the sailing world.
most of them are anodized aluminum and are virtually friction free, very kind to the lines
as well.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:05 am

oliverguest wrote:My solution, Ronstan pulley. very smooth
:beer: :beer: :beer:

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:25 pm

It seems like the answer to the pulley and rope system would be to use a VERY LARGE DIAMETER rope (15 mm. diameter) and very large pully wheel... maybe you would get smoother rolling and less wear.

reyrivera
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Santa Cruz, CA.
Alameda, CA.
Pittsburgh, CA.
Style: Strapless boards
Gear: Caution Kites
Home made C kites

Postby reyrivera » Sun May 11, 2014 10:38 pm

When is this going to come out in North America?

Thanks,
Rey

Return to “Kitesurfing”