What is the wind range of these babies?

in 9m, 12 and 14m for a 75 kg on TT?

Cheers

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Draft windrange

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:19 am

Claudiokite wrote:What is the wind range of these babies?

in 9m, 12 and 14m for a 75 kg on TT?

Cheers
Well I have not found an upper range on the 9 yet..on the 12 I had it out in maybe 25 mph, and it wasn't really an issue. The 14 I had out almost similar wind..but the issue I had then wasn't really the wind strength it was how gusty it was...when I ride in off shore winds the wind here is 5 - 25 mph...this kite handles it as well as any other kite if not better and the hangtime is unreal.

I think for me the 14 starts at about 9-10 mph on a raceboard. It is a bit hard to know since the wind meter is a bit off on super light days. On a TT I would expect I need another 2 mph or so. I weight 10kg more than you.

All three of those kites are awesome and fun. Very light looping. Super easy to learn new tricks on, and very very controllable. Hangtime and lift is out of this world.

I think if I were to guesstimate a windrang based on use etc.
14 -> 9-25mph
12->13-29mph
9->17- mph.

I'm sure I would be able to use it in higher winds, but maybe not super comfortably unless it was relatively steady.

Claudiokite
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Claudiokite » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:49 am

thanks tautologies, quite a big wind range more SLE than C i would say from your comment.

anybody tried the 9 in 25/30 knots?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:32 am

Claudiokite wrote:thanks tautologies, quite a big wind range more SLE than C i would say from your comment.

anybody tried the 9 in 25/30 knots?
yes most definitely not a c kite. If you are looking for a c kite the torch would be your kite. The closest bridled kite Naish has to a c kite would be the Park. They are all great kites. Depends on what you want to use the kite for.

Claudiokite
Rare Poster

Postby Claudiokite » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:29 am

Yes i wouldn't look at this as a frrestyle kite. But i like the idea of a high aspect ratio and the C like shape ...for a racing/freeride so that can be used for boosting. But I was afraid that the range would be too narrow given the AR... Need to try one of these bad boys

Claudiokite
Rare Poster

Postby Claudiokite » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:29 am

Yes i wouldn't look at this as a frrestyle kite. But i like the idea of a high aspect ratio and the C like shape ...for a racing/freeride so that can be used for boosting. But I was afraid that the range would be too narrow given the AR... Need to try one of these bad boys

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Claudiokite wrote:Yes i wouldn't look at this as a frrestyle kite. But i like the idea of a high aspect ratio and the C like shape ...for a racing/freeride so that can be used for boosting. But I was afraid that the range would be too narrow given the AR... Need to try one of these bad boys
you'll see how different the kite looks once it is in the air. Windrange is huge. Very good control on the kites too. The hangtime is unreal. I wouldn't use it for unhooked but it is a great kite to learn new tricks on because the loops are forgiving the hangtime gives you plenty of airtime and overall kite is controllable.

Return to “Kitesurfing”