Rare Poster
Style: Old school free style
Gear: Switchkites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ras sudr

Postby Jason Patrick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Awn wrote:Tony, I think you stayed in a place called Paradise and the center was called Fun kites, It was run by French guys, it since closed down.

As I told you in my earlier post Fly kitesurfing is the best spot, it is located in the lagoon you are referring too. And Best hotel is Matarma bay enjoy your trip.

EGYPT IS VERY SAFE

https://www.facebook.com/Matarmabay
https://www.facebook.com/flykitesurfing

wow this hotel , and kitesurfing looks like heaven :)

kiterabbit
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Egypt
Favorite Beaches: Egypt
Style: Freestyle, old school
Gear: North Vegas 12m, North Dice 12m, Airush Varial x 10m

Postby kiterabbit » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Guys I just came back from Ras Sudr and don't know what the whole fuss is about... Everyone is saying it's unsafe but we didn't feel anything at all. The most danger you find on the road is maybe a wild camel crossing, and seeing that, then you are lucky.

We stayed at Matarma Bay also and kitesurfed in Fly. The location is phenomenal and the hotel is better than a lot we stayed in in El Gouna and Dahab. The staff are super friendly, the food is excellent and it's a very welcoming atmosphere. We were lucky as they had a halloween party with all the people in Ras Sudr joining in. Great atmosphere :)

I highly recommend this spot as it's not crowded like Gouna and Hurghada and you have a lot of room to practice and you feel that you are on the water on your own.

We arranged with the hotel to sort us out with a bus to transfer us from the airport to Ras Sudr and back and everything was arranged perfectly for us.

It's a shame that the media make everyone so scared to travel while there is really nothing happening there that would make it seem dangerous. They even took us out on a beduin night with the locals to watch the sunset and drink tea at a nearby sand dune.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Jason Patrick
Rare Poster

Postby Jason Patrick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:03 pm

saltire wrote:Jason is there a particular reason you want to go there as there are just as good places in Egypt with a lot less hassle to get to and with far better hotels .
One thing Ras will have going for it will be it wont be as busy as the rest .
yes i always heard ras sudr has the best spots and always wanted to visit sinai so u have the kitesurfing and the desert safari.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:42 pm

I am not sure you know the internet very well, but.

When you only have 3-5 posts, no one will take you seriously.

The location that Fly are at is the best spot in the area for sure.

Captain_East
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ras Sedr, Sinai - El Gouna Red Sea - Sharm El Sheikh
*Red Sea - Egypt*
Gear: - Cabrinha SwitchBlade 2014 - 9 - 12 m

-Xenon Laluz 135
-Shinn Monk Forever 134
-LiquidForce - Recoil 130

Postby Captain_East » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Hey Jason,
Here's my personal experience about Ras Sudr as its 90 mins away from my home, Since last may I've traveled there 16 times in a row (week-ends) and I totally agree about most of the earlier posts here.
The wind probability is really high as it was impressing except for one week-end in May. Even I was there couple of weeks ago and the wind was just perfect for 3 out of 4 days.

Matarma Bay is one of the amazing places around there, with awesome food and beverages.
My favorite place is Soul kitesurfing center, located in La Hacienda Resort and for sure Fly center is a good place, I highly recommend those 2 spots, people there are just awesome.
Regarding accommodation I recommend Matarma Bay or La Hacienda,both are fine maybe you can check websites and compare.

Links that might be useful:

http://www.lahaciendarassudr.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/SOUL-KIT ... ref=stream
http://www.soulkitesurfing.com

Feel free to pm me for any info regarding Egypt overall.

Cheers.

mathieu leheilleix
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Le morne, Mauritius
Favorite Beaches: Le morne, Mauritius
Dolphin Beach, Cape Town
Style: Old school Free style
Gear: Ozone Enduro

Postby mathieu leheilleix » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:53 pm

kited in Ras Sudr back in 2007 and 2008. stayed at the Green Sudr hotel which is more than appropriate and right on the lagoons and beach front. There are two kite centers there.
Great kiting there, Ras Sudr has wind blowing ALL day long which is a real plus.
Great flat water on the lagoon for tricks and the ocean for some free riding with dolphins etc..

I highly recommend the spot !!!

saltire
Medium Poster

Postby saltire » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Looks like a great spot for kiteboarding and i would go there with a few mates but by the hotel reviews i would not take the wife and kids there .

Jason Patrick
Rare Poster

Postby Jason Patrick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:07 am

Guys after all this hype about Ras Sudr i came to a conclusion to go there in easter , anyone would like to join ? :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”