Forum for kitesurfers
Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster
Gear: Aquila, Kima, Hantu
Brand Affiliation: Zian kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0

Zian kiteboarding

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi, my name is Sebastiaan and I joined this forum as Zian kiteboarding representative.
My role within the company is sales manager for Europe but actually doing many more things in our very short lined and dynamic company. Feel free to contact me for any question regarding Zian kiteboarding.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Zian kiteboarding

Postby Faxie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:46 pm

That was about time you showed up here :D

Good kites :thumb:

Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Thx!

Yes, now the time has come to actively show up at some big forums.
2014 will be a very special year for Zian kiteboarding with devellopments which are interesting for everybody!

We will keep the scene updated via a few big forums like this :wink:
Last edited by Zian kiteboarding on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Who designs your kites?
How do you test your kites without buying first?
What sets your kites apart from the rest of the kites out there?

FYI you may want to add "zain" to your Google search terms as that is what I typed in and didn't get a hit... probably a common mistype...

Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Thank you for the tip. We will do so!

Who designs our kites? At this moment we cannot tell. He designs kites for 10 years already. More may become clear during 2014! What I can tell is that our kites are manufactured at GS Lanka. This is the factory that also produces all North kites. This is no surprise as the owner/founders of Zian kiteboarding, a Dutchman living in Austria, has been the CEO of this factory for 5 years till 2012. He already made a comment and explained a bit some time ago in one of the topics. We develop and test our kites thoroughly in Sri Lanka where there is wind 8 months a year. This is also done in corporation with experienced kite teachers and in corporation with several kite schools for long term tests.

How do you test before buying? I take care of sales in many countries but not for South Afrika, Australia and America’s. You could contact Zian America's for this question.

What sets your kites apart from the rest? I will try to answer this question a bit but also have to respect forum rules. “The rest” is already a brought spectrum of design qualities, flying characteristics, durability, finishing quality, quality of canopy treatments, quality of Dacron and off course pricing. Some short and simple points that may answer your question:

- Prices are low* (low marketing budget, no team of riders traveling around the globe, we have cut out parts of the chain between design and end user)
- We use the highest quality/expensive materials. For example; Real Kevlar, Teijin canopy and Dacron.
- We offer spare parts from stock very cheap as we believe this will promote maintenance hence safety in our sport. In EU sometimes down to 1/4 of which is common.

*The new European website and shop will be online Q1 next year. Prices change from "advice" to "this is what you pay" which are prices that people already get when they ask me for an offer. There will always be some price difference between US and EU simply because (from memory); import tax 0 v 4.5 – VAT 0/6 v 21 – Salary tax 15 v 40 – Tax on profit 6 v 20/40.

As mentioned, 2014 is a special year for us and many interesting things will become clear :)
Last edited by Zian kiteboarding on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby downunder » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 am

Welcome Zian :)

I've seen some kites this weekend on the L2L race in Perth, Australia. (viewtopic.php?t=2383095&p=
936018_571117639635367_689644018_n.jpg
The quality is a top notch, I think. Sewing looks really good, some good workers there.

The bar looks excellent, only race bars presented there tho. Distinctive colors, pull away safety.

Duno about how they fly, was very very light wind when I arrived. Might do some demo after the NY.

Are you guys planning to do boards as well? Since in Austria:)

Good luck.

D.

Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:57 am

Thx! You have met Craig and Gemma I can see :)
Australia has launched very recently, the website will be online the comming weeks.

Board...2014 will be a special year! First the launch of our freestyle kite (Hantu Ribut) which you have already seen as it is in the picture :wink: You can see it in action on our recently started youtube channel.

Thank you very much for the positive feedback and warm welcome :thumb:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 pm

I am not one to ignore the elephant in the room...
Seems odd that you are posting vague details and keeping some of the most important details private. It certainly opens things up for speculation, and I love a good conspiracy...

Why is the designer being kept secret?
You would think a new company would celebrate their designers experience and past successes.....
Unless of course they were doing something wrong, like breaking a non-compete or non-disclosure agreement... but that seems unrealistic as eventually it all comes out anyhow...
Maybe there is no designer?
Maybe these kites are cookie cut designs purchased from North or acquired from a failed company?
Maybe this is a way for North to enter the direct sales market without alienating or risking their distribution network?

Whatever the answer you certainly have peaked my interest... in a not so positive way but still.

Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:36 pm

You sure have a strong imagination....not so nice though that it is limited to situations where others are criminal or liars :nono: which is what is basically suggested by some of your "conspiracies". The designer has asked to keep it silent (for now), we can only respect that. Again 2014 will be an interesting year :allbegood:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Zian kiteboarding wrote:You sure have a strong imagination....not so nice though that it is limited to situations where others are criminal or liars :nono: which is what is basically suggested by some of your "conspiracies". The designer has asked to keep it silent (for now), we can only respect that. Again 2014 will be an interesting year :allbegood:
That is the whole point of conspiracies, if it was all unicorns and rainbows who would care....?

Return to “Kitesurfing”