Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?

Postby Laughingman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:53 pm

I lost mine on vacation and would like to source a replacement.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?

Postby SENDIT! » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey, I've got one here I'll hook you up with. Shoot me an email info@xlkites.com and we'll get the shipping sorted out. :thumb:

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:37 pm

What is a "Cabrinha line keeper" ???

A search on the internet did not reveal anything (except your post :naughty: )

8) Peter

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:03 pm

It's called a Cabrinha Line Manager, Peter. It's used to keep your lines untangled when you disconnect them prior to wrapping them up. Comes with every Cabrinha kite.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:56 pm

SENDIT! wrote:It's called a Cabrinha Line Manager, Peter. It's used to keep your lines untangled when you disconnect them prior to wrapping them up. Comes with every Cabrinha kite.
Thanks, I found it now, halfway down this page :naughty:

http://www.sbckiteboard.com/gear_article?news_id=1954

A physical "line end holder" :D

Earlier, I remembered it as a clever way of hooking the line ends up on each other, like this: viewtopic.php?t=2381114&p=800820

8) Peter

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:31 am

Peter_Frank wrote:
SENDIT! wrote:It's called a Cabrinha Line Manager, Peter. It's used to keep your lines untangled when you disconnect them prior to wrapping them up. Comes with every Cabrinha kite.
Thanks, I found it now, halfway down this page :naughty:

http://www.sbckiteboard.com/gear_article?news_id=1954

A physical "line end holder" :D

Earlier, I remembered it as a clever way of hooking the line ends up on each other, like this: viewtopic.php?t=2381114&p=800820

8) Peter
Hi Peter

Yes that is it. I used the method in your 2nd link for the interim but the line manager is much easier.
We use this little gadget in place of leaving our lines attached since my wife and I have one bar each over 5 kites. Using this method eliminates the need to run your lines, which decreases time spent rigging and space needed to rig. In the cold spring and fall it certainly makes things a bit more bearable.
Basically the way this works is like this starting from derigging to rigging....
(derigging)
1. coming in, wrap your lines and lay them downwind of the kite. take each line off the kite and put them into the line manager in the order you removed them.
2. finish wrapping your lines being careful not to allow the manager to invert on your lines
3. pack your kite

Going back out (rigging)
1. pump your kite,
2. unwind a few meters of line downwind of your kite.
3. attach one line at a time to the kite as normal but in the order they are kept in the line keeper.. being careful not to turn around or twist the lines... orientation is key.
4. Take the bar around to the front of the kite passing the lines underneath the leading edge
5. Flip the kite, all the lines should now be laying on the top of the underside of the kite
6. walk out to the water with the kite and either ask for someone to hold your kite or drift launch.

if you are careful this works every time... I have had to come back in and fix shit twice because nobody is perfect and I may have twisted the lines or turned around or something... but 2 out of a over a hundred launches is pretty reasonable considering the benefits of taking no more space then your kite... you no longer need 30m of beach, and speed... you flip your kite and hand it to someone at the waters edge... you walk into the water and launch. no tangles, no weeds in your lines, no sticks etc......
This is one more step then leaving lines attached but we only need one bar each which reduces the cost quite a bit....
Attachments
IMG_1090.JPG
IMG_1090.JPG (163.72 KiB) Viewed 1545 times

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:18 am

There's a much easier and more convenient way of doing it. Just lark's head the ends of the lines together.

You can be extra careful and keep the lines straight, but I don't bother. I just drop the ends on the ground, wind out the lines, walk back the ends, un-lark's head them and connect them to the kite.

This is the connect straight to the kite method, but I a) can't be bothered being careful, and b) would prefer to check the lines and knots rather than relying on a tricky system.

Here's the Cabrinha video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_FxYkg1vZc

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby experienced1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:29 am

when you disconnect your lines from th kite, just tie the red outside line to the "red" front line and then the gray outside line to the "gray" front line
steve

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:30 am

OzBungy wrote:There's a much easier and more convenient way of doing it. Just lark's head the ends of the lines together.

You can be extra careful and keep the lines straight, but I don't bother. I just drop the ends on the ground, wind out the lines, walk back the ends, un-lark's head them and connect them to the kite.

This is the connect straight to the kite method, but I a) can't be bothered being careful, and b) would prefer to check the lines and knots rather than relying on a tricky system.

Here's the Cabrinha video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_FxYkg1vZc
As I stated above I used that method after I lost my line manager. I felt as though the lines could easily invert on themselves,it works but not as nice as the manger does.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 am

experienced1 wrote:when you disconnect your lines from th kite, just tie the red outside line to the "red" front line and then the gray outside line to the "gray" front line
steve
Yep I get it, and have done this since I lost my line manager, I just prefer the line manager .

Return to “Kitesurfing”