*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:53 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: Southwestern Ontario
I lost mine on vacation and would like to source a replacement.


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 354
Location: XL Kites.com
Hey, I've got one here I'll hook you up with. Shoot me an email info@xlkites.com and we'll get the shipping sorted out. :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:37 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 5631
Location: Denmark
What is a "Cabrinha line keeper" ???

A search on the internet did not reveal anything (except your post :naughty: )

8) Peter


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:03 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 354
Location: XL Kites.com
It's called a Cabrinha Line Manager, Peter. It's used to keep your lines untangled when you disconnect them prior to wrapping them up. Comes with every Cabrinha kite.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 5631
Location: Denmark
SENDIT! wrote:
It's called a Cabrinha Line Manager, Peter. It's used to keep your lines untangled when you disconnect them prior to wrapping them up. Comes with every Cabrinha kite.


Thanks, I found it now, halfway down this page :naughty:

http://www.sbckiteboard.com/gear_article?news_id=1954

A physical "line end holder" :D

Earlier, I remembered it as a clever way of hooking the line ends up on each other, like this: http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2381114&p=800820

8) Peter


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:31 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Peter_Frank wrote:
SENDIT! wrote:
It's called a Cabrinha Line Manager, Peter. It's used to keep your lines untangled when you disconnect them prior to wrapping them up. Comes with every Cabrinha kite.


Thanks, I found it now, halfway down this page :naughty:

http://www.sbckiteboard.com/gear_article?news_id=1954

A physical "line end holder" :D

Earlier, I remembered it as a clever way of hooking the line ends up on each other, like this: http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2381114&p=800820

8) Peter


Hi Peter

Yes that is it. I used the method in your 2nd link for the interim but the line manager is much easier.
We use this little gadget in place of leaving our lines attached since my wife and I have one bar each over 5 kites. Using this method eliminates the need to run your lines, which decreases time spent rigging and space needed to rig. In the cold spring and fall it certainly makes things a bit more bearable.
Basically the way this works is like this starting from derigging to rigging....
(derigging)
1. coming in, wrap your lines and lay them downwind of the kite. take each line off the kite and put them into the line manager in the order you removed them.
2. finish wrapping your lines being careful not to allow the manager to invert on your lines
3. pack your kite

Going back out (rigging)
1. pump your kite,
2. unwind a few meters of line downwind of your kite.
3. attach one line at a time to the kite as normal but in the order they are kept in the line keeper.. being careful not to turn around or twist the lines... orientation is key.
4. Take the bar around to the front of the kite passing the lines underneath the leading edge
5. Flip the kite, all the lines should now be laying on the top of the underside of the kite
6. walk out to the water with the kite and either ask for someone to hold your kite or drift launch.

if you are careful this works every time... I have had to come back in and fix shit twice because nobody is perfect and I may have twisted the lines or turned around or something... but 2 out of a over a hundred launches is pretty reasonable considering the benefits of taking no more space then your kite... you no longer need 30m of beach, and speed... you flip your kite and hand it to someone at the waters edge... you walk into the water and launch. no tangles, no weeds in your lines, no sticks etc......
This is one more step then leaving lines attached but we only need one bar each which reduces the cost quite a bit....


Attachments:
IMG_1090.JPG
IMG_1090.JPG [ 163.72 KIB | Viewed 518 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:18 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:35 am
Posts: 1695
There's a much easier and more convenient way of doing it. Just lark's head the ends of the lines together.

You can be extra careful and keep the lines straight, but I don't bother. I just drop the ends on the ground, wind out the lines, walk back the ends, un-lark's head them and connect them to the kite.

This is the connect straight to the kite method, but I a) can't be bothered being careful, and b) would prefer to check the lines and knots rather than relying on a tricky system.

Here's the Cabrinha video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_FxYkg1vZc


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:29 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:32 pm
Posts: 839
Location: Calif. Mfg Rep
when you disconnect your lines from th kite, just tie the red outside line to the "red" front line and then the gray outside line to the "gray" front line
steve


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:30 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: Southwestern Ontario
OzBungy wrote:
There's a much easier and more convenient way of doing it. Just lark's head the ends of the lines together.

You can be extra careful and keep the lines straight, but I don't bother. I just drop the ends on the ground, wind out the lines, walk back the ends, un-lark's head them and connect them to the kite.

This is the connect straight to the kite method, but I a) can't be bothered being careful, and b) would prefer to check the lines and knots rather than relying on a tricky system.

Here's the Cabrinha video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_FxYkg1vZc

As I stated above I used that method after I lost my line manager. I felt as though the lines could easily invert on themselves,it works but not as nice as the manger does.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Posts: 1548
Location: Southwestern Ontario
experienced1 wrote:
when you disconnect your lines from th kite, just tie the red outside line to the "red" front line and then the gray outside line to the "gray" front line
steve

Yep I get it, and have done this since I lost my line manager, I just prefer the line manager .


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aeberl, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], davesails7, fourperf, Google [Bot], KYLakeKiter, loco4viento, pmaggie, SO_FL_Kiter, Zian kiteboarding and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group