Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?

Forum for kitesurfers
KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Anyone have a Cabrinha line keeper they are not using?

Postby KYLakeKiter » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:04 am

Last year I bought one of those Kite Looper line rolling devices. It has a line manager built into it. If you like using a line manager, you might actually like this thing. It is not a "have to have it" kind of device, but it is kind of convenient and works well.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Laughingman wrote:
experienced1 wrote:when you disconnect your lines from th kite, just tie the red outside line to the "red" front line and then the gray outside line to the "gray" front line
steve
Yep I get it, and have done this since I lost my line manager, I just prefer the line manager .
Well, the mail man just picked it up, so it's on it's way! :wink:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:14 pm

SENDIT! wrote:
Laughingman wrote:
experienced1 wrote:when you disconnect your lines from th kite, just tie the red outside line to the "red" front line and then the gray outside line to the "gray" front line
steve
Yep I get it, and have done this since I lost my line manager, I just prefer the line manager .
Well, the mail man just picked it up, so it's on it's way! :wink:
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your generosity.

Sincerely
Pete

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:22 am

Yeah I hate spending those extra 32 seconds to run out my lines.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:44 am

Just out of curiosity - but isnt it a bit irritating to wind the line ends up on the keeper, when not equal length, or ?

Because, when I go on shore, I always depower the kite a lot or fully when walking on land, and when going down (and up).

Meaning, when I wind the lines on the bar, the rear lines are way longer than the fronts (but does not matter much, as they get another round on the bar)

I have no idea, because I havent used any line keeping aggregates - just wondering :roll:

8) Peter

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Any that have steady wind
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Rip Curl, WFMG, Aquapak, Loksac, Gopro, Suunto, apple watch.

Postby dejavu » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:52 am

I have obtained these from NP Hong Kong. Check out asapdirect.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Laughingman wrote:I lost mine on vacation and would like to source a replacement.
Could this work :?: Pedicure Toe Separator " pretty sure your wife can hook you up " :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/pedicure-toe-separators

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:Just out of curiosity - but isnt it a bit irritating to wind the line ends up on the keeper, when not equal length, or ?

Because, when I go on shore, I always depower the kite a lot or fully when walking on land, and when going down (and up).

Meaning, when I wind the lines on the bar, the rear lines are way longer than the fronts (but does not matter much, as they get another round on the bar)

I have no idea, because I havent used any line keeping aggregates - just wondering :roll:

8) Peter
Once you have all the lines in the manager, just fold what ever lines are left, putting the manager onto the bar and wrap 8 lines together onto the bar... No biggie

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Kiteus Maximus wrote:Yeah I hate spending those extra 32 seconds to run out my lines.
To each their own... But if everyone did everything the same way then there would be no progression ever..... Many of the places we kite at have very limited rigging areas and require a water launch... I have witnessed so many people walking out to launch pulling all their lines through the weeds and sticks getting caught all the while inconveniencing your helper and other beach goers, lines getting caught on other kites, people, kids, bbqs.... And anything else you might find at a water use area.

We hook our wrapped lines onto the kite, using only the space required by the kite itself, flip the kite over and walk into the water... If you time it right there will already be someone in the water ready to hold your kite in the water as you walk out unwrapping your lines. Launch... No tangles, nothing caught in your lines... No inconveniencing other park users etc... So 32 seconds... Turns into minutes pretty quickly...

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:46 pm

dejavu wrote:I have obtained these from NP Hong Kong. Check out asapdirect.
Holly shit! Prices are really high but wow, you can buy everything there! Thanks for the heads up.

Pete

Return to “Kitesurfing”