kitesurfgrancanaria
Medium Poster
Gear: flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Travel Setup Split Board

Postby kitesurfgrancanaria » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Yes, if for the kite, when going to a -possible lower wind than expected spot-, the 12-8 mts option is the best choice (I am 73 kgs weight). Though I love the 10 mts if between 20-30 kts, the 8 mts, even being the standar model it is an amazing kite, I'd say the best 9-8-7 mts kite I ever had.
If I had to travel to a near the sea bussines trip, I'd choose also the 10 mts size.
About the harness/ vest, as I am carrying a canvas chinese bag, which has no hard reinforcements, but it is very light, I am forced to put the two board parts on each side of the bag and the 3 folded kites between them, and I'm using the harness and the vest on each side of the top of the boards to pad them and avoid them getting damaged during the trip.

Okinawa Kiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mibaru Okinawa Japan
Favorite Beaches: Mibaru Okinawa Japan
Miyako
Style: Free Ride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 12m

Postby Okinawa Kiter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:14 am

perrinkite wrote:
I have Dakine shorts harness with sliding spreader
same for me

For a travelling one kite quiver I prefer in most cases the S4 10 DLX rather than the S3 12 DLX as it performs better in the waves but the counterpart is that you loose low end
What's the lowed on the 10m? Also your weight?
I am ordering the Lotus 12m, suppose to turn faster so maybe good enough for waves now. At least doable unlike the S3 12.

perrinkite
Rare Poster

Postby perrinkite » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Okinawa Kiter wrote:
perrinkite wrote:
I have Dakine shorts harness with sliding spreader
same for me

For a travelling one kite quiver I prefer in most cases the S4 10 DLX rather than the S3 12 DLX as it performs better in the waves but the counterpart is that you loose low end
What's the lowed on the 10m? Also your weight?
I am ordering the Lotus 12m, suppose to turn faster so maybe good enough for waves now. At least doable unlike the S3 12.
I am 69 kg, with a standart TT my lowends are as follow :
S3 12 DLX : 12 K
S4 10 DLX : 15 K
S4 8 DLX : 17 K

By lowend I mean being able tout go upwind without working the kite and perform 2m jump in open water with little chops or waves.

In waves I think différence between 12 and 10 is not that much due the fact it is much easier and faster to work the 10 and getting more power when necessary (current or waves)

bobbi o
Frequent Poster

Postby bobbi o » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Can someone post what current brands are offering a split board ? Thanks.

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Postby rtz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Nobile and Flysurfer are the two.

http://flysurfer.com/produkte/boards/flysplit/

Okinawa Kiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mibaru Okinawa Japan
Favorite Beaches: Mibaru Okinawa Japan
Miyako
Style: Free Ride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 12m

Postby Okinawa Kiter » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:23 am

NUwind was the first one I bought 3 years ago, it was custom ordered. Tell them the length and width and they make it in carbon. Nice board but a bit slippery and very flat. I like the feel of the Nobile 137 better but the Nuwind is crazy light and probably gets me going earlier as it's a 140 x 44

My Speed 3 12m on a 140 T5 Nobile gets my 100kgs going in 11 knots. Think the board helps a lot as everyone who tired it said it rips up wind. At 11kn working it 12kn, park and ride.

Return to “Kitesurfing”