Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Where do I want to go.. Sri Lanka, Peru, Venezuela or what?

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
ksr0045
Rare Poster
Gear: F-one Bandit
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where do I want to go.. Sri Lanka, Peru, Venezuela or what?

Postby ksr0045 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:19 am

Hi..

I know that there is a forum where I can see when the best season is for a special month. BUT..

I'm in the Philippines now and want to travel away from the Philippines in feb/marts. But I can't see where the best place is to go. I need some ideas? And it have to be cheap in accommodation and food.

I have been thinking I could go to:

Sri. Lanka marts and April
Venezuela Maj and June
Peru juli and August.

But now I have been talking to a guy who was telling me that it would be stupid because the wind in the places isn't there at the time I want to go..

Anybody who can help me?

mmeyers12
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I wish I had a local beach....
Style: Freeride, Waves, Hydrofoil
Gear: 10m Fone Diablo
8m Orbit
7m GTS

Re: Where do I want to go.. Sri Lanka, Peru, Venezuela or wh

Postby mmeyers12 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:38 am

Where in the Philippines are you? If Boracay, do you have any information on trips to Seco Island?

ksr0045
Rare Poster
Gear: F-one Bandit

Postby ksr0045 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:27 am

mmeyers12 wrote:Where in the Philippines are you? If Boracay, do you have any information on trips to Seco Island?

Hey!

Im on Cuyo now, but going to Boracay tomorrow.. I know the Kareem has a trip to Seco. It's called Freedom kitesurfing.

mede
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 72 kg dry
Local Beach: Lake Geneva
Favorite Beaches: Sri Lanka West Coast, Marsa Alam, Cape Verde, Tarifa, Beauduc, Corpus Christi, Ceara
Style: Foil, Strapless surf, Big Air
Gear: Kite:> Tomo Vader 5.1 HE & KS MariMacho board,
Gong YpraS Foils,
Pansh Kestrel, Kauper Falcon, Blade Trigger kites.
Wing:> Amos Shapes Sultan Custom board,
Gong YpraS + Ypra Surf Foils,
Gong UPE Aramid Droid & Neutra Wings
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby mede » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:56 pm

I wouldn't recommend Sri Lanka in March / April.

It's the time when the monsoon is changing from NE to SW, and the worst time of the year wind-wise.

From Mid May on, however, you will have pretty much 100% wind in the region of Kalpityia, though.

jan_hou
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Penghu, Taiwan
Favorite Beaches: Penghu, Taiwan

Postby jan_hou » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:08 am

If you do not know where to go, consider Penghu, Taiwan. Always windy. We kite almost everyday in the winter with 5-7 meter kites. Here is the action on NewYear Day.

https://www.facebook.com/jan.hou.5/medi ... um_comment

Jan

Jose B
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Alabama and Sydney
Favorite Beaches: Alabama and Sydney
Style: Wave riding
Gear: Naish 2012 Mission Harness

Postby Jose B » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:43 am

Sri Lanka has two distinct monsoon seasons: the Yala monsoon and the Maha monsoon. The wet season brought by the Yala monsoon winds lasts from May to July and affects the south-western half of the country. The Maha monsoon wind brings rains to the north-eastern half from October to January.

maurice_k
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Banda Aceh Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Paros Banda Aceh
Style: waves
Gear: RRD

Postby maurice_k » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:54 am

Let me first introduce myself. I have been kiteboarding since 2007 and have kited in some amazing places in the world, from the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean, France, Greece and Vietnam in South East Asia. I have been also teaching kiting as an IKO instructor passing on this wonderful sport to others.
The time has come for me to find a great place in the world that is exceptional for kiting and share this spot with other people who have the same passion about this sport.
I have ended up in Banda Aceh in Sumatra, Indonesia where the wind blows 15-30 knots from May to October. Here, I am working together with a friendly family run guesthouse on this Paradise island.
This is the place where we have chosen to open Seabreeze Kite Club in a beautiful location called Lhoknga.
This little Hidden Gem is still relevantly undiscovered and has so much to offer.
I would like to invite you to have a look at my website and hopefully meet you one day in the Windy season coming up soon.

www.seabreezekiteclub.com

FB; seabreezekiteclub and follow us on our journey.

Thanks for reading,
Maurice

metcalfe_91
Rare Poster
Gear: north rebel

Postby metcalfe_91 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:37 pm

just came back from a 2 week holiday in sri lanka. what a amazing experience from the country to the food to people and most of all the wind! we had 13 days kiting out of 14 and that is now being there off season it was just crazy. i did quite abit of research before going to sri lanka on different schools and hotels in the kalpitiya area. the school i decided to go with was kitesurfing lanka due to the boss dilsiri giving us a great deal talking through email and how happy i was i chose them the holiday couldn't of gone any better. the camp is a nice size with a few different choices off accommodation all at a great price. the food was amazing cooking local dishes as well as some western dishes and bbq.s. the camp is on the beach with a good team working there going out there way to please you. there is free transport to the lagoon and back everyday. they have new 2014 hire equipment few different brands. then after a nice days kiting good vibes back at camp either being sat at the bar or taking part in activities such as poker bingo quizzes or camp fires. over all was a amazing holiday and cant wait to go back next year.thank you dilsiri and the kitesurfing lanka team :D

Kite-adic
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Adicora, Venezuela
Style: Freeride.
Gear: C-kites

Postby Kite-adic » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:57 am

Adicora Venezuela.

Right now already hard winds a blowi'n: http://www.windguru.cz/fr/index.php?sc=5947

8)

Best months are yet to come.

Despite the actual crisis in he rest of the country, Paraguana peninsula where Adicora is located remains calm and quiet.

http://kite-adic.com/blog/index.html

Return to “Travel”